"Really? Thanks. Well I'll see you tonight then," he said.

He turned away to leave and I said, "Good luck. Just know you are better than any of them."

He smiled and I returned it gently before going into my Charms class. I still had another 5 minutes before class started and chatted with Harry Ron and Hermione.

The rest of my classes passed without a problem. Each of the teachers tried to make the spells related to Halloween somehow. In Charms we learned how to light a pumpkin; little things like that.

By the time the Halloween Feast came around all of my friends we excited. We went down to the Great Hall for the Halloween Feast with Neville and Seamus.

Most of the other students were already there but as I looked at the Slytherin table I realized that Malfoy wasn't there. Looking closer I realized that his friends weren't there either. I looked at the whole table before I realized Blake wasn't anywhere to be seen. Worriedly I took a seat with my friends but kept an eye on the Slytherin table.

I looked up at the staff table and saw Severus sitting next to an empty chair. I wondered where Professor Quirell was for a moment before turning my thoughts back to Blake.

Right then I saw Draco and his friends walk in looking very smug. Without a reason why I got up and walked over to them

"What did you do?" I asked while glaring at him.

"Oh we just locked your boyfriend up in the girl's bathroom in the dungeons, he's a bit tied up at the moment" Malfoy replied smugly.

My eyes widened, "I'm gonna kill you," I threatened as I realized they must have him bound in the girl's bathroom

I was about to turn to go back to my table when the doors flew open and Professor Quirell ran in yelling, "Troll in the dungeons. Just thought you ought to know," before he fainted.

There was panic after he finished, "Quiet!" bellowed Dumbledore as the room fell silent, "Prefects will you please lead your houses to the dorms. Teachers if you will follow me to the dungeons."

I ran over to the Gryffindor table as Ron's brother Percy was yelling for everyone to follow him.

I reached Ron Harry and Hermione and said, "We need to go to the girl's bathroom in the dungeons. Malfoy and his group tied up Blake in there."

They nodded and Hermione said, "What? That's terrible! Let's go."

We ran out of the Great Hall behind a sea of students then slipped away to the dungeons. I bounded down the stairs to the girl's bathroom. As I opened the door I froze in my steps. A huge ugly, wart-covered troll was advancing on Blake who looked unconscious. He was bleeding profoundly and had his hands tied up behind him.

I gasped loudly causing the troll to turn and look at me.

"Get behind me. I can take it," I muttered to my three friends.

They quickly got behind me with their wands drawn just in case.

I threw stun after stun towards the troll who needed several before it collapsed on the ground. It had broken several of the sinks and water was spewing everywhere. Ignoring all of this I ran forward to Blake with Ron Harry and Hermione right behind me. When I got there I checked for a pulse. I sighed when I felt a faint but steady heartbeat. I unbound his hands from behind him and undid the rope around his feet. He was still losing blood fast so I got up and wiped my hands on my robes.

"You guys stay here with him I'll go and get a blood replenishing potion."

They nodded and I was about to leave when Professor McGonagall ran in with Dumbledore right behind her. She gasped and held a hand to her heart as the other professors came in each looking at the troll in disbelief. The only two professors missing were my father and Professor Quirell.

"What happened to Mr. Cox?" asked McGonagall.

"Malfoy did it to him. I came in to get him and took the troll out in the meantime. He was unconscious when I got here but he needs a blood replenishing potion; he's losing a ton of blood."

She said, "Are you sure it was Mr. Malfoy? That is a very harsh accusation if you don't have any evidence to back it up."

From behind me Harry said, "She's sure. Malfoy told her at the feast that Blake was in the girl's bathroom in the dungeons a bit tied up."

She nodded and said, "Well Professor Snape will deal with him. Speaking of him; where is he?"

Just then my father burst into the room pushing Quirell ahead of him. When he saw the troll Quirell held a hand to his head and whimpered. Severus just looked down at him in disgust. I wondered briefly what had caused him to be late.

"Are you all okay?" he asked as he bent down to make sure the troll was unconscious.

We nodded and I noticed a large gash in his leg. Hermione and Ron were still bent down next to Blake so they didn't see but I'm sure Harry did because Severus quickly covered it with his robes.

"It does not look like Mr. Cox is okay. Does anyone care to explain what happened to him?"

I said quickly, "It was Malfoy professor. He did this to Blake. He told me that Blake was in the girl's bathroom in the dungeons and a bit tied up at the moment. I came down to look for him and tell him to get to his common room, but then the troll was in here so I took that out in the meantime."

A small smile appeared on his lips then disappeared just as fast, "Very well. Would you mind helping me take Mr. Cox to the Hospital Wing? I'm sure Madame Pomfrey will need more blood replenishing potions and your assistance would be appreciated."

I nodded and levitated Blake off the ground. Being cautious not to go near anyone or have him hit anything I made him go out the door and up the staircase.

I knew that Ron, Harry and Hermione would be fine with the other professors and I knew they would be able to tell them the whole story.

"Jessica what happened for real?" Severus asked quietly once we were out of earshot from anyone.

Hushed I replied, "Just what I said. Before Quirell ran in saying there was a troll I realized Blake wasn't there so I asked Malfoy where he was."

He cut me off, "Why did you know to ask Draco where he was?"

I looked down, "I knew from an earlier conversation with Blake that Malfoy hated him."

"Okay sorry, continue."

"Well then Malfoy told me he was in the dungeons in the girl's bathroom and was a bit tied up at the moment. When I was about to go get him Quirell ran in and said there was a troll in the dungeons. I told Harry Ron and Hermione that we had to go make sure Blake knew to go straight to his common room. I didn't think he would be unconscious nor did I think the troll would be there. With a few stunning spells the troll was knocked unconscious and I untied Blake and did my best to clean his wounds. Then everyone else came in and then you came in. Just curious; where were you?"

I had an idea of where he could have been but I didn't say it out loud in case he got mad at me for even thinking that. It looked like he was pushing Quirell with him so maybe a more logical explanation was that Quirell was supposed to help but wouldn't come and Severus made him.

"I'll explain later in private. It's not something to discuss out in the open."

I nodded and kept quiet until we reached the Hospital Wing. Severus opened the door in front of me and I levitated Blake in. Hearing the door open Madame Pomfrey came out from the back looking worried. I looked around and was glad to see that no one else was there. It was better for us if no one was around to see what happened.

"Oh dear! What happened to him?"

"I believe he was cut up," I said, "Although I'm not sure if that's all."

"I don't think I have enough blood replenishing potions for this right now. I'll give him what I have but I'll need at least another three," she replied.

"It is no problem. We are going to go and get started on those right now," Severus said.

"Okay thank you," she said offhand, "If you could place him on this bed right over here."

Nodding I placed him on the bed she pointed to. She went over to a cupboard and pulled out a few blood replenishing potions. Seeing that my work was done for now I headed towards the door with Severus right at my heels.