First Bloodshed

The battlefield was silent.

The Sky Army, made of one hundred and fifty recruits of the different divisions they had to offer, stood on one side. Sky stood in front of them, sitting on top of a white horse. Deadlox, his calf bandaged but healed enough for him to fight, stood beside True. Their place was a few feet behind Sky, watching him, waiting for orders. Seto stood with the twenty sorcerers that had joined his divisions to the right of Sky. He glanced back at his fifteen medics that were behind them, watching them fidget nervously for a few moments before he looked forward once more. He couldn't blame them. Even if he didn't admit it, he was nervous too. This was not his first battle, far from it... But it was bigger than any others he had been in.

Husky stood with Chance and Ian on the left side of Sky, Ian fiddling with his hidden daggers slightly. Husky didn't say anything about it. He knew it was a nervous habit that Ian had had since they were teenagers. Chance was emotionless beside him, having fought in many battles with Husky. He was nervous, of course, but he didn't show it. Neither did Husky. Jerome stood in the middle of the crowd of recruits with his strong Tanks, the kids holding large and powerful weapons and shields that were almost bigger than them. He didn't dare glance at the trees, where he knew Mitch and his archers were hiding, out of fear he'd give their position away. But that didn't mean he didn't worry for the male he saw as a brother.

The air was tense and the recruits were nervous. More than ninety-five percent of them had never even been in a fight, much less a battle. They had trained their asses off for months, working for their General's and Sky's approval, for this moment. Now that it was here, and their friends' and their own lives were on the line, and not to mention Minecraftia's freedom. They were going against an army that had soldiers who had been training for moments like these since they could walk, perhaps even younger. It was nerve wracking. There wasn't one person there that wasn't either biting their nails or worrying their lip with their teeth, or just straight out shaking. In fact, Mitch was holding the hand of one very nervous archer that was the youngest in their division, and even with his General's comforting aura, he couldn't calm down. They saw a larger army, a more experienced army, and they could only see their deaths coming at the end of this all.

But Sky... was calm.

He sat on his horse, studying the large army that was before him. There had to be more than three hundred, five hundred enemies gathered here to go against them. He didn't let the numbers worry him, though. He sat on his horse for a while, just staring at the army across the field, before he suddenly gently pressed the back of his heels against his horse's sides. She began to walk forward, changing into a trot as Sky patted her on the side of her neck. He ignored the shout of disapproval from True, keeping his eyes trained on the army a few yards before him. After a few moments, he smirked. Seconds after he saw them, his army and team did too. There were two shapes walking forward to meet Sky, both on horses. The army shifted, and True glanced back at them before he saw that the squid's armies were moving with the two leaders.

He let out a growl, before he motioned for the recruits behind to follow him, and he began to jog after Sky's horse. The recruits followed, causing the ones behind them to do the same, and soon, the large group was moving together to Sky. Soon, they were behind him, with a few feet separating them. Sky glanced back as he heard the footsteps, and True swore, as he told this tale to his grandchildren years later, that he looked relieved when he saw his army and brothers behind him.

When Sky stopped, the leaders of the squid army did also. The Squid Army stopped, and True motioned for their army to do the same. A few recruits, too focused on putting one shaky foot in front of another, collided into a few others, but none fell and no glares were even shared. They just looked at each other knowingly, a few fearfully, before they looked back at their Commander. Sky swung himself off of his horse, walking to the space between the animals, and the two figures did so themselves. Sky recognized one as Cain. The other had skin as dark as night, but despite that he also had glowing light blue eyes that shone with the sun.