Face to Face

Now, Ian Sebastian Sundee was a prideful man. He was a member of the Brotherhood and had been considered to be the new leader of the group when theirs had to be retired. A selfish mentor had stopped that from happening, though Ian hardly cared. He wasn't a leader, though he certainly wasn't a follower. He was an assassin, a rouge. If he was a leader, he'd be stuck behind a desk, filling out different letters and reading and approving different contracts and wishing he could take several contracts himself. He would never be able to train apprentices, or be able to go on missions. No, he wasn't a leader, this was true. But he could silence anyone in under a matter of seconds, make anyone you wanted to disappear, and so much more.

If you had the right coin of course. Money wasn't everything he cared about, but he desperately needed it since he found himself banned from Russia and without a cent to his name. So, that's why he took the contract from that racist he had met in a bar, slurring things about 'filthy hybrids' and that the 'Azures are going to take us over.' Ha, as if squids could run an entire country that was as big as Minecraftia was. Perhaps in the seventeen hundreds, when it had been a small but thriving Kingdom with multiple rulers fighting for the throne, but that was the past. People could be so close minded sometimes.

But the thing was, this job was supposed to be easy. And it had been anything but easy.

Ian roared in anger as he hit the table, hearing it split underneath him. He leapt to his feet, jumping off the table as his hidden blades slid out from underneath his sleeves. A few leaders stumbled back, while a few others yanked out weapons they had hidden on their personals; Cain was one of them. Ian snarled as he saw him. Cain had been the one who he had gotten the contract for, not that man named Derek. But he had mixed up his drinks- No, no, he wasn't the one who made the mistake. It was the man who gave him the information. He had gotten the seating wrong. He snarled. That would be the last time he trusted a Ilex!

He ducked underneath a sword, grabbing the squid's wrist and yanking him down to him, plunging the knife of his hidden blade into his neck. As the squid fell to the ground, gasping and choking for air, he heard a loud bang above him and a familiar shout. He looked up to see another vent collapsing, and multiple shapes falling down toward it as screams and shouts filled the air. He dove to the side, rolling across the ground, skidding to a stop beside a squid, who he tripped with his foot before slitting their throat with the dagger he yanked out of his boot. When he looked up, dust had fallen down from the vent and onto whatever was happening at the table, which was bound to be shattered into multiple pieces from the multiple bodies that had fallen on it.

He squinted over his sunglasses, his dark blue eye glowing with confused anger and annoyance. Who could have possibly been in the vents aside from him? How hadn't he noticed them? They looked like a large group...

Suddenly, the dust cleared up, and his eye widened. There, he saw Husky, a very old friend, and his apprentice, Chance, kneeling down on the ground near the table, trying to catch their breath. Husky noticed him and he jumped to his feet. "IAN!" He shouted, before Ian saw another figure emerge from the dust, coughing and pulling out a golden sword quickly. He froze as he saw the amulet glittering around their neck, before he mentally groaned.

Oh, no...

He thought before he jumped to his feet, running over to Husky and Chance. He helped the apprentice up, ruffling his hair halfheartedly before he glared at Husky. "What have you gotten yourself into this time?!" He snapped, and Husky smirked.