The Call

Deadlox raced through the forest, limping slightly as he gasped and held back shouts and screams of pain. His leg felt like it was on fire. He couldn't breathe without his lungs burning along with his leg. He had been running for so long, and he couldn't stop. If he stopped, he would collapse and he wouldn't be able to get back up. If he stopped, he wouldn't get to the campsite and then Sky wouldn't know about what was going to happen in a week and then all of his hard work would crumble because Deadlox couldn't make it through some pain. His vision was blurry from tears and from the pain, and his breaths were coming shorter and quicker than they were before.

Was he even going in the right way? God, he hoped so.

He leapt over a log, and any other day that he didn't have an arrow buried deep into his calf, he would have been able to make it. But, this time, his foot caught on the log and he found himself tumbling on the ground, out of the forest and into a clearing. He hit the ground roughly, the breath being knocked out of him. He coughed, and he couldn't hear anything but the blood rushing in his ears for a few moments before he heard shouting.

"General Deadlox!"

"Ty!"

"Is he okay?!"

"Get Seto, get Seto!"

Through all of the yelling, he felt familiar, muscular arms wrap around him and pull him onto their lap. He opened his eyes, and through teary eyes and a darkening vision he saw a pair of gleaming golden eyes. He let out a sob of relief, before he weakly grabbed at Sky's shirt, gripping it tightly in his fist. "T-They're planning to attack...!" He choked out, and Sky stared down at him, his face emotionless. "T-They're going to meet with Derek's c-clan and then they're heading towards here! T-They know that the force fields are down!" Deadlox coughed roughly, his body shuddering, and Sky held him closer, tighter. "T-They're going to meet up in a week...! I-I know where, I-I know where, we can catch them by surprise...!"

"Deadlox, that's enough." Seto's sharp but gentle voice cut through his panicked mindset. "You need to rest. Sky has heard enough; he'll figure out what to do." Sky stared down at Deadlox a few seconds longer, before he handed the slim figure over to Seto, who held him with some difficulty, but he handled himself fine as he walked towards the medic tent without even a glance towards Husky. Sky kept his hand with Deadlox's for as long as he could, his hand curling into a fist once Deadlox's fingertips brushed off of his. He watched as Deadlox became unconscious, his body becoming limp in Seto's arms as his arm fell down beside him, swinging back and forth slightly with every step Seto took. Sky stayed kneeling on the ground, staring after the pair, breathing a bit heavily as his eyes gleamed behind his sunglasses.

The recruits watched, unsure of what the man they called Commander would do. Suddenly, after a few moments, True stepped forward and laid his hand on his shoulder. Sky didn't look at him, but he did speak.

"Make sure the recruits eat and rest as much as they can. Train them harder but don't overwork them." Sky stood, and the next words struck fear into the recruits' hearts. "We're going into our first battle next week." Without another word, Sky walked off, disappearing into his tent as True only nodded after him before he turned and began to direct orders to the other Generals, and recruits scurried off as they were commanded to head for extra training. True looked after Sky once he was alone, before he looked at the medic tent. He stared for a few moments, before he narrowed his eyes.

They weren't going to get away with hurting one of his brothers.