Second Dagger

"Alright, all we've done for the past ten minutes is sit on a park bench and eat three hot dogs each. We have to get moving." Sky growled as he stood and threw their wrappers away. Ty huffed, leaning back.

"You can't possibly expect for me to work on a full stomach! I have to digest and then take a nap-!" Ty stared to say, but Sky cut him off.

"No! I'm starting to think you don't even want to do this! Do you want your dagger or not?!" Sky yelled at him angrily, and Ty winced and looked down.

"... What's the point? It may not even respond to my commands, and who's to say if we even get in? This is the Main Base we're talking about! Yes, our traditions and our way of life has changed but if there is one thing that has not changed about the BladeDancers and that we are not lazy when it comes to security!" Sky raised an eyebrow.

"So you'd rather give up and not even try?!" He said angrily. "That is not like you!" Ty's eyes blazed up, and he stood quickly as he glared up at Sky.

"Oh yeah?! And how do you know that?! We just met not even five hours because I crawled into your coffin and you saved my life from a few squids! What if that's the way I work?! What if I'm a coward and a cheat and a liar and a weakling?!" Sky stared Ty straight in the eye.

"Because I know your bloodline." He pressed his fist over Ty's heart. "Inside your body lies the heart of the Deadloxes, a family that's blood has been spilled on the battlefield for thousands and thousands of years. They are a family that focuses on honor, on friendship, on loyalty and strength and never, ever backing down. Deadloxes are a beautiful family, filled with so much love, and hope, and smiles and laughs that brighten your world even after a gruesome battle. They stare fear right in the eye and tell them to bring it on, when Death comes knocking on their door they tell him he has the wrong address! I know deep down in there you are just like that, because when I fought beside your so many great grandfather he was the very same way! So don't you dare give up on me!" He pushed Ty roughly, making the smaller male stumble back slightly. Sky glared down at him over his sunglasses, his eyes blazing in the setting sun. "A Deadlox has never given up on me, and I refuse to give up on a Deadlox." Ty stared up at him with wide eyes, speechless for the first time in his life.

As the sun set fully and the moon began to rise, Sky and Ty crept through the growing shadows of the alleys, toward the porthole that Ty said was a back entrance into the base. There would be a guard outside, but most likely they would be asleep. They got to the corner and Ty peered around, and smirked and nodded. "James is on guard... He's asleep." He muttered, and Sky merely nodded as his hand went down to his sword... Just in case, you know? The two silently slipped out from the alley and crept past the sleeping male that was sitting in a beat up lawn chair. Ty slid his dagger underneath the lid of the manhole, lifting it up enough for Sky to grab the edges and hold it up so that Ty could slip in. Sky waited, until he saw Ty's fingers through the hole and knew he was holding it up, and he quickly slipped in. He dropped down into a concrete ramp like structure, furrowing his eyebrows as Ty closed the manhole. The lights were on in the long hallway, and Ty gestured for him to follow, and Sky reluctantly did.

For what felt like an hour Ty led Sky through different twists and turns, the two always dodging into small holes in the walls whenever they heard someone coming, holding their breath as their heart pounded in their chests. Finally, finally they turned a corner and there it was. A fancy oak door with a symbol of what Sky remembered as the BladeMaster's on it. He narrowed his eyes as Ty pulled out a bobby pin from his hair, kneeling down in front of the doorknob as he began picking the lock. "What if the BladeMaster comes back?!" He hissed, but Ty shook his head.

"He won't." He said distractedly. "He's eating dinner, he won't be back for another..." He glanced at his watch. "Thirty minutes." Sky furrowed his eyebrows before there was a soft click, and Ty grinned in victory before he pushed the door open and ushered Sky into the dim room quickly. As Ty closed the door Sky groped for a light switch, and soon flicked one on. Light filled the room, and Ty smiled sadly. "Pretty cool huh? After the BladeDancers were run out of the original hangout, they spent ten years setting this place up in the sewers before it was finally ready! They've used it for more than thirty years since!" Ty grinned, and Sky rolled his eyes as he looked around. There was a rundown desk in the corner, a twin sized bed against a wall, and a doorway that had a foul stench coming from it that made Sky guess it was the bathroom.

"How charming." He said sarcastically before he saw the large glass case against one of the walls. He blinked. "Oh..." Ty grinned and ran up to the case.

"Finally impressed?! Feast your eyes upon the more than two hundred year old case that holds the future daggers of leaders, BladeMasters, and a few daggers they'll give to some people in the middle ranks!" He said, grinning. Sky smiled fondly as he slowly walked up to the case. It was filled with daggers that hung from different rugs, the wood shining beautifully in the dim light, looking brand new despite its claimed age. The daggers ranged from sharp, long, short, curved, and plenty of different colors and types of metal for the blades... It was a very different and beautiful piece of history.

"Oh... I haven't seen this case in forever..." Ty blinked in shock.

"Whaattttt?!" He whined. "You've seen this too?!" Sky smiled slightly as he nodded.

"Yeah... I was there when it was made..." He reached forward and felt a corner, and his smile widened. "It's still there..." Ty furrowed his eyebrows, but before he could ask they heard voices in the hall.

"Such a shame we have to destroy such a beautiful dagger. It's saddening to think that Ty was only two months from getting his dagger..."

"Indeed, but we cannot change the past. He made his decisions, and was caught and paid the price. Let's get this done and over." Ty's eyes widened, and Sky looked at him with panic.

"Hurry, get your dagger!" He hissed, and Ty looked at the large case with wide eyes. "Why are you just standing there?!" Sky snapped as he heard the sound of the voices come closer and closer.

"I-I don't know which one is mine!" Sky's eyes widened in horror.

"You're fucking with me!" He hissed loudly, and Ty shook his head quickly. Well just grab one!" Sky snapped, but Ty shook his head again, faster then before.

"I can't! That dagger, if it's not mine, will turn on me and stab me! Only a BladeDancer can hold his correct daggers; they're made for their hands and no one else's!" Sky groaned and banged his head against the wall.

"We're dead!" He hissed, and Ty stared at the case helplessly. His eyes bounced from dagger to dagger, trying to narrowing down the choices. His dagger was green, he knew that!

"Why are there so many green ones?!" He hissed desperately. Sky banged his head against the wall harder, groaning helplessly. He looked at Ty with blazing golden eyes as he heard someone putting a key in the lock of the door that was a few feet behind them.

"PICK ONE DEAD!" He screamed, and Ty's eyes snapped shut suddenly. As the door flew open, a dagger began trembling in the case before it shot through the glass, making the shards fall to the ground as Sky's eyes widened. Ty's eyes snapped open as his hand shot up, catching the spinning weapon by its handle as he whirled around. Sky did the same, pulling out his sword as the golden blade glittered in the light. Two men stood in the doorway, each holding a dagger in each hand. The taller one snarled.

"Tyler! You shouldn't have come back!" He yelled, then stopped as he saw the second dagger in Ty's hand. His eyes widened, and Ty sneered bitterly. "How did you get that?!" The BladeMaster yelled, and Ty snickered.

"Pure luck." He said, Sky laughing bitterly beside him before the males charged at each other.