Chapter 49

Jinyoung's POV

The hospital room's door suddenly opened violently, revealing Jihoon hyung with a girl.

"Hyung?"

"(Y/N)!" The girl he is with screamed as she saw (Y/N) lying on the hospital bed. "What happened to you?"

The girl leaned on the hospital bed and held (Y/N)'s hand tightly.

I nudged Jihoon hyung and mouthed, "Who is she?"

He didn't reply but furrowed his brows.

I sort of didn't get what he means so I laid back my eyes to the girl that is weeping.

"J-jung Sojin?" I whispered.

Jihoon hyung nodded.

"Why did you bring her here? Get her out of here!" I muttered but he just shook his head and stopped me from moving.

"Look," He shifted her eyes at the two girls. "She changed already."

"People couldn't just change like that, hyung."

"I know," He sighed and placed both hands on my shoulders. "But, let's hope what she's showing us is real."

"What if it's all fake? What if she's planning something agai-"

"No. Jinyoung," He released a heavy sigh. "Wouldn't you wanna try even just once? Besides, I know her..."

"What do you mean?"

"Sojin treats (Y/N) as her sister."

"But that was before, hyung! Would you just disregard the fact that she's hurt her already countless times?" I clenched my fist.

"I know I could not just d-"

"Exactly!" I cut him.

"Yes, you just could not do that." A voice joined the conversation. "But, this is real, Bae Jinyoung. I have already realized my mistakes. I also have resented myself for doing those. I..."

"Sojin,"

"I have realized how cruel and selfish I was for hurting people who doesn't even have anything against me."

"No, Sojin." I tried to stop her as her tears are racing down her eyes.

"I know how stupid the decisions I have made back then were. I know I was so stupid for everything I have done to destroy them,"

"Stop, Sojin. It's not like that."

"Yes, it is! Even from any perspective, all of these are because of me. Because I was so stupid and an idiot and..." She is now on her knees bawling her eyes out. I wanted to stop her but I could not. "...I was a useless person who is even unworthy of being called a friend."

Jihoon hyung and I became statued from where we're standing. Neither of us could move, even an inch. And neither of us could say a word, even just one.

"I know all along I was doing the wrong thing... but I let my pride and ego higher than they should be. I tried to convince myself that it's the right thing to do but no matter how I try, I always end up losing and being the bad person. Because I really am..."

The girl was still on her knees when Jihoon hyung sat to be on her level.

"Sojin, no... It's fine," Hyung tapped her shoulders. "It's really a good thing you have realized your mistakes. We, too, did bad things against you, so please let us apologize to you,"

"I don't want to." Sojin replied as she stopped weeping.

"W-what?"

"I didn't even apologize to you guys. I should do something else because I know apologizing isn't enough... Everything I have done won't be resolved by just a simple apolog-"