Chapter 16

Your POV

I was about to be late but good thing, the subject teacher was late. I entered my classroom, staring blankly without even fixing myself and my hair. In short,

"You look like a mess!" Hyungseob exclaimed. "What the heck happened to you? You were still so sick last night!"

His loud voice makes my ears hurt more to be very honest, "You are so loud." I replied plainly and headed to my seat.

I took my mirror out and saw my reflection. "What a mess." I combed my hair and fixed everything.

"But hey seriously," Hyungseob elbowed me. "What happened?"

"Nothing."

We all know him, I guess. He is the giddiest person I know so he insisted to hear something from me.

"Fine, just shut it."

"Okay!"

"I said shut it."

"Sorry." He made a peace sign. "What now?"

"Is the professor not gonna show up today?"

"No, they said she's sick."

I looked around and saw Jihoon sleeping peacefully on his desk.

"Okay." I took out a deep breath. "It's about my ex-b-"

"You already had an ex?!"

"What the? Shut up! Just listen." Seriously I don't know what to do with this kid.

"Sorry."

"My ex-bestfriend... and Jihoon's ex-girlfriend."

"Jihoon had a girlfriend before?!"

"Heck, Ahn Hyungseob! Can't you calm down a bit?" My blood pressure is going up, I can feel it.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I'll shut up now"

"Good." I heaved out a sigh. "Okay so here it goes."

He kept his mouth shut and listened attentively.

"When we were in the freshmen year, I had a bestfriend. Jung Sojin. Guess you heard something about her. We were so close then and we seemed like real sisters. I thought our friendship was unbreakable but there is something that did break it." I tried to control my tears. I kinda miss her. That wench. "More than two years ago, I found out that Jihoon was courting her. I didn't know he liked her then but I wasn't against him since he's also my bestfriend"

"Two years ago? Oh right. We still weren't so close back then. Continue." He commented.

"2 months passed, they officially started dating. We hung out a lot but I know my limitation and gives them their special time together."

"What happened next?"

"Few months passed, Jihoon was talking to me about something. He said that Sojin is being cold to him that time. I said it's maybe because she's just stressed over something that's why we just ignored it."

Hyungseob didn't answer but nodded continuously.

"Everything was fine until..." I stopped as I felt a lump on my throat.

"...until?"

"Until we discovered that Sojin was cheating on Jihoon." I barely stopped and breathe.

"Jihoon didn't want to break up with her but Sojin was so angry. She told Jihoon that if he isn't going to trust her, it's better if they just break up. He was so damn hurt back then, so I accompanied him." My eyes failed to stay tough as tears rolled down. "Sojin was still denying about her cheating even if there are so much evidence back then, we even saw it with our own eyes."

I officially am crying about something that happened long ago. It just... hurts.

"What's worse is.." My voice cracked. "She even accused me of stealing Jihoon. I mean, she is my bestfriend and Jihoon is my childhood bestfriend... How could she-"

"What the hell? Show me that girl and I'll make sure to beat her up real good!" Hyungseob stood up.

"Seob, stop." I wiped my tears. "You're catching other's attention. You might even wake Jihoon up"

"I'm sorry... Please continue,"

"She was so embarrassed to me that time but she kept her pride so high that she didn't even apologize to me. That's how our friendship sank." I cried harder but tried to keep it low. "I don't wanna tell you this but she also said that Jihoon doesn't really like her because who he really likes is me. But I didn't believe. I know Jihoon loves her so much back then, but she broke his heart into million pieces. After that incident, he hates her so much not only because of the cheating she's done but also for accusing me"

Hyungseob also became emotional, "I'm sorry (Y/N).." He tapped my back.

"It's not your fault."

He stayed quiet. "Are you alright? Those are the things happened in the past, so you don't have to worry so much. Also, it wasn't your fault. Not at all."

"Yes, thank you, Seob."

"Fix yourself now.."

I took my pouch out and put powder on my puffy face. "But, Hyungseob.."

"Yes?" He replied.

"I miss them. Both of them."