Chapter 6

"...promise?"

"Promise." Jihoon intertwined his pinky finger on mine.

"If you are planning to break your promise, I swear, you'll be a dead meat, Jihoon-ah!" I exclaimed and slammed my fist on the table.

He laughed. "Of course, I won't! Stop it, child."

"Stop calling me child! I'm already 16!" I grumpily replied at him. "Nevermind. Just make sure to come back or else, I'm going to pluck all of your hair strands."

"Ya, you're so mean!"

"So, does that mean you are making any plans of not coming back?!"

"Of course, not." He laughed. "Ah, do not worry so much."

"Ok, ok I won't. Just.. take care there."

"I will."

He then took his footsteps away from me after he bid goodbye. I tried to smile as he walk away from me and prevent the tears at the corner of my eyes to fall down, but I just.. can't do it. Tears finally pooled my eyes. I look like a mess crying by myself at the park.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)!" I suddenly felt someone shaking me. What is happening?

I finally managed to have my eyes open and tried to lift my head up but I failed. As my vision cleared a bit, I saw Hyungseob in front of me along with his worried-looking face.

"What?" I asked as I rub and wipe my wet eyes.

Wait, wet?

"What happened?" Hyungseob asked. "Why were you crying? Was it a bad dream?"

Oh, maybe because of that. Yes it was a bad, bad dream and I was in the point where I don't wanna dream about it ever again.

Why do bad memories always have to keep repeating and repeating all these days? Why do you have to make me suffer like this?

"It's nothing.." I tried to curve a smile out from my lips.

"Are you sure?" He asked again, I nodded. "Wait, didn't you eat lunch yet?! You are sleeping again!"

"Uh, about that.." I scratched my head. "Actually... no,"

"Come, you have to eat." He tried to pull me up of my chair but I pulled my arm back.

"No, I don't want to." I insisted and looked away, then saw Jihoon looking at me too. "I'm.. not hungry."

I looked down and avoided everybody's gaze.

"(Y/N), I think you have to eat. Well, you shouldn't skip meals."

My heart skipped a beat.

It's him.

"I don't want to. Just stop insisting me, please."

I heard him and Hyungseob sigh.

"Fine. Take the blame yourself when you get sick because of that." Hyungseob replied and walked away, together with Jihoon.

I heaved a deep sigh. I know they're just thinking and concerned about me. But, I had them upset just because of my stupidity.

Seems like everything's not going so well...