Chapter 44

*Ryder's POV*

       "Okay, so the plan is a go?" I whisper into the phone, glancing at Harry out of the corner of my eye, making sure he was still sleeping.

       "Ryder, we aren't actually spies," Louis says. I can practically hear his eyes rolling through the phone. "But yes, the plan is underway. Just, keep him busy until tonight. Anne and Gemma's plane should be landing in an hour and Liam is going to get them now. Niall and Olivia are at the venue now, setting everything up and I'm about to go call the catering to make sure everything looks good. Just, distract him," he lists off. I nod my head.

       "I can do that. Okay, see you guys in a bit," I reply, hanging up the phone. I place it back on my nightstand, doing so quietly and carefully so that it didn't wake up Harry.

       Today is Harry's 22nd Birthday. One Direction decided to come home for three days just so Harry could be home for his birthday. The boys and I have planned a surprise party for him, which is now in the process of happening. We had rented out an entire club, inviting all of his close friends and family. Michael Buble agreed be the entertainment for the night, singing for us instead of having a random DJ. At least this way the guys know him.

My job is to keep Harry busy until it's time for us to go to the club. It's currently 10 am and the party starts at 5 in the evening, going until tomorrow morning. We rented the place until tomorrow at 10, hoping that's enough time for everyone to wander out of the club after a night of being wasted. I, obviously, can't drink, but Harry can and he has always liked a nice party here and there, so who am I to try and take that from him?

I'm replying to an email from my phone when Harry starts to wake up. His face is smooshed into his pillow as he groans, rolling onto his side.

"Morning, Birthday boy," I laugh, taking a hand off my phone to reach down to his head, running my fingers through his bed hair. He smiles lazily, closing his eyes again.

"M'rnin'," he murmured. I laugh again, scratching at his scalp with my nails. He slowly turns into my touch, nestling his nose in my palm. "You smell good," he mumbles, smiling. I shake my head fondly at him, stroking his cheek.

"And you feel like you need a shave," I tell him. He shakes his head, rolling onto his stomach to throw his arm over my waist.

"Growin' it out," he tells me, "feel like it'll look good."

"It could look good...or you could look even more like a man child than you already are," I tease him. He opens his eyes, glaring at me.

"Respect your elders, missy," he says. I let out a loud string of laughter, shaking my head.

"You're only like, two months older than me!" I exclaim. He shrugs his shoulders carelessly.

       "Still older, elder, than yourself," he teases me. I just roll my eyes, a smile stretched on my face. "How's the angel?" Harry asks, putting on his baby voice and laying his head on my stomach. I laugh as he pulls a thinking face, nodding his head. "Mmhm, yes...okay, I'll make sure to tell mummy...yep...you got it. I love you," he grins, pressing a kiss to my belly. I laugh at his adorableness.

       "Babe, I'm not sure if they can hear you just yet," I tell him, once again carding my hands through his curls. He pouts, looking up at me.

       "They can too! They just told me to tell you that since it's my birthday, you have to eat lots of cake, because they really want cake right now," he defied. I raise an eyebrow at him.

       "Did they now?" I ask. He nods his head firmly.

       "Yep."

       "Then can you oh so kindly ask them to stop pressing on my bladder? The amount of trips I take to the bathroom is ridiculous lately," I tell him. He nods seriously, laying his ear back on my stomach.

"Okay, baby, you need to stop that. It-no, no, I said stop. It's not nice to mommy," he says seriously. I laugh, moving his head off of my stomach gently.

"I think they don't understand. I have to go to the bathroom, be right back," I tell him. He sighs and nods, rolling back onto his back and throwing his arm over his eyes again.

I go use the toilet and wash my hands. After I'm finished, I look up in the mirror. A small smile breaks out on my face as I lift my shirt up, looking at my tiny baby bump that is forming.

"You look beautiful." I jump slightly at Harry's voice, looking up at him through the mirror. He grins, walking over to me and wrapping his arms around me, resting his hands on my baby bump. "I love you both," he tells me. I smile, leaning my head back against his shoulder.

"We love you, too. What do you wanna do today?" I ask, placing my hands over his. He thinks for a moment before his face lit up.

"Can we go see the baby? Like, one of those x-ray thingys?" he asks excitedly. I laugh at his wording.

"Do you mean an ultrasound?" I ask him. He nods, his face still bright.

"Yeah! Those things!" he grins. I think about it for a moment before answering him.

"Harry, I don't have an appointment today. The next one is in a month," I tell him. He pouts, jutting his bottom lip out as far as it will go.

"I can call our doctor and ask her to do one for us, please?" he begs. I sigh, nodding my head.

Because who am I to say no to a father seeing their child on his birthday?