Chapter 29

*Ryder's POV*

Upon our arrival back at the beach house, I was bombarded with questions from Harry's family about the ring. I simply pulled it out of its bag to show them. Gemma gushed over how beautiful it was, a surprised look appearing on her face when I told her that Liam picked it out.

"Wow, you actually have good taste," she complimented. He raised his eyebrow with a confused smile on his face.

"Thanks?" he laughed. Louis then proceeded to brag about how he had picked out Harry's ring, with the other boys help.

"Who is going to be your best man, Harry?" Robin asked. The boys all turned to look at Harry, who had a frozen look on his face. Anne swatted at Robin's chest.

"Don't ask him that! His three best friends are all here," she scolded. He held his hands up in surrender and nodded his head. After a bit of tense conversation, Harry's family all went upstairs to go to bed, leaving me and the boys.

We were watching a Katy Perry interview on the TV, both Harry and I feeling the boys glances at us. We ignored them, me snuggling into Harry's side, his arm draped over my shoulders. We kept our eyes trained on the TV, trying to ignore the tension in the room. Harry finally sighed and leaned forward, grabbing the remote and turning the TV off. We all turned to look at him as he settles back on the couch, pulling me closer into his side.

"Boys, you can't seriously be asking me to pick between you three?" he asked in disbelief. They all looked down guiltily. "Look, back on the X-Factor, Louis and I had already told each other we'd be each others best man," he said. Niall and Liam both sadly nodded their heads. Louis smiled a bit at him.

"Harry, I'll never hold you to that, mate," he assured him. Harry shrugged his shoulders.

"This is what happens when you have four best mates," he says. We all look at him. "Zayn is still my friend. Regardless."

"Did you call him?" I ask him. He shakes his head, lowering his gaze to his shoes.

"Didn't think he'd answer," he mutters. I sigh softly and slip out of his grip, grabbing his phone from the coffee table.

"I'm not doing this for you," I tell him. "If you want him at the wedding tomorrow, you need to invite him. Like you said, you may not be on best terms, but he's still your friend," I say, placing the phone on his leg.

Harry groans, dragging his hands down his face. He throws his head to the side, looking at me with pleading eyes. "Will you do it?" he begs. I roll my eyes.

"What, and explain to him why we're getting married tomorrow? No, you do it if you want him there," I say, tapping the phone. I get up from the couch and walk into the kitchen, hearing footsteps behind me. I ignore it, simply thinking that it was Harry, and grab a mug from one of the cabinets to make tea.

I turn around, seeing it was actually the three other boys who had followed me into the kitchen, I could hear Harry on the phone, with who I suppose was Zayn.

"Tea?" I ask them. They all nodded, so I pulled four more mugs down, knowing Harry would want one as well.

"You're not using him, are you?" Louis asks me abruptly. I'm a bit taken aback, but am still able to automatically answer.

"No, of course not. I wouldn't be willing to risk my career for someone if I was just using them," I pointed out. He just sends me a small smile, taking a seat by the other two boys.

"I'm sorry. It's just...this is all happening so fast, don't you both think?" he asks. I shrug my shoulders in indifference.

"We don't really have much of a choice, do we?" I continue to make the teas.

"Do you not? Have you guys tried to talk to management?" Niall asks. I nod my head.

"Simon was going on about the contract and how it was going to end, but Harry asked him about what would happen if we didn't want it to end, and Simon blew up, and hung up after shooting the relationship down, saying we needed to be broken up in like, three weeks or something. We didn't try after that, we just came here," I told them.

"What if you guys had talked to them to try to convince them?"

"They didn't give us much time or opportunity. If you didn't realize, Harry had to get out of there. They had packed his schedule to where he didn't have time to contact me right after the phone call, so we planned it and he left."

"Do you think this is going to work?" Liam asks. I shrug, sending a smirk over my shoulder.

"They're not going to split up a married couple, now are they?"