Chapter 11

*Harry's POV*

I walk up Ryder's walkway to her front door. I stuck my hands in my pockets after knocking on her door, waiting for her to answer. I could hear the paparazzi behind me, trying to not be seen. I could tell that I had obviously failed when I heard the faint clicking of paparazzi capturing pictures of me as I stood outside her door.

I suddenly remembered that management had given me an extra key to her house, and her one to my flat for situations like this. I stuck my hand in my coat pocket, retrieving the small key from my pocket. I pulled it out and turned it once it was in the key slot. The click of the door opening met my ears, making me internally fist bump at my small victory.

I walked into her house, shutting the door behind me, effectively cutting off the annoying clicking of the sounds of cameras. The house was silent as I entered, looking around the main entrance. The lights in the corridor were off, so I flicked them on once I found the light switch.

Her house honestly was very nice, it was modern styled, with some blue and green accents randomly. On the wall of the hallway to the living area were pictures of what I assumed to be her and her family when she was very very young, before Addie took her in. There were also a few of her and Addie when she was about 16. She still had the dirty blonde hair and the blueish eyes. She was just as pretty back then, if not less than she is currently.

Wait...what?

I went up the stairs on my left, coming to another pathway. I walked down the corridor, passing a neatly kept bathroom and guestroom. It was obvious that she was a very neat person. But was she even here?

I came up to the final door, which was wide open. Inside laid Ryder, flailed out on her bed. Her hair fanned out around her face and her eyes were closed, her make-up still in tact. Her shirt was pulled up her torso, tied a bit above her stomach. She was sound asleep, little puffs of breath leaving from her nose as she breathed.

I took my phone out and snapped a picture for Twitter, posting it along with the caption of 'Glad she's okay, thank you for all the support.' Sitting on the edge of her bed, I gently nudged her shoulder.

"Ryder? Ryderrrr..." I shook her a bit more and she slowly started to stir. Her blue eyes fluttered open and she sent me a sleepy smile. "Hey, how you feelin'?" I asked her gently. SHe shrugged a bit.

"I'm alright. Head is pounding constantly. Sleep helps," she states. I felt guilt hit me a bit. I woke her up, taking her from her bit of peace that she gets from the horrible headaches.

"I'm sorry. Go back to sleep, I just came to check up." I said, standing up. She sat up, looking at the clock on her nightstand. 12:38.

"Have you eaten?" she asked. I shook my head. I hadn't eaten since this morning and since that meeting with management, I just wanted a drink, regardless of the fact it was slightly past noon. "Stay. I'll make lunch. What are you hungry for?"

"Ryder, you should be resting. If your head hurts, I don't want you to be moving around too much," I said as I followed her out of her room and down the stairs. She led me to her kitchen, where she opened the fridge.

"Relax. It's basically the equivalent to having a painful hangover. I'll take some Advil and I'll be fine. Now, what do you want to eat?"

*3 Hours Later*

"They did not!" Ryder laughs, throwing a handful of popcorn at me. I had just told her about the time that Liam and Zayn had pantsed me on stage.

"They did! Look!" I pulled the video up off of YouTube and showed it to her, making her laugh hysterically, clutching her stomach.

We have been like this for hours, just talking. She had made burritos for lunch, seeing as she didn't have shells for tacos. (No, I didn't tell her what my favorite food was. Yes, she Googled me to find out.) While we ate, we started a game of 20 Questions, which soon became 30...then 35...then 40...you get the drift. We eventually moved to the living room, where we have been watching stupid movies off of Netflix, which neither of us paid any attention to. Instead, we have just been talking, getting to know each other better. She wasn't bad company at all. I feel completely natural with her right now. It scares me.

I don't want to break down my walls again, it makes me vulnerable. For some reason though... its like Ryder is crashing into them.

"Okay, okay. I've said mine, now what is your most embarrassing moment?" I asked her after she had calmed down a bit more.

"Well...mine would have to be from back when I first started modeling. I had this red dress I was modeling with a collar attached to the front and back, but the back piece that connected the two was much thinner and longer. However, I did not know this, and wore it backwards for the entire shoot. It revealed so much of my chest and nobody ever bothered to say anything to me, until they brought the male model out and it happened to be Zach Efron. Zac Efron! And then Addie was like, 'Honey, do you not know how to dress yourself? Your dress is on backwards'!" she exclaimed. I tried to stifle what I knew would be a large laugh, but it didn't work.

My loud, booming laugh echoed across the room as I imagined the scene in my head. I fell over on the couch, holding onto my side as I laughed. Ryder playfully glared at me.

"Don't laugh at me! It's not funny!" she crossed her arms across her chest. I sat up and tapped her nose.

"You're cute, love. It was adorable."

What am I doing?