3.3

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Mark: Sunday, 17 December
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Jack and Zara? I wanted to get over it, I did. I wanted to get over it so bad but when I looked at Zara all I could think about was her and Jack raising a happy family together, something that Jack and I could never really have I guess.

And that makes sense, right?

Jack wants a child.

Only a girl can provide it.

But that's not why he did it, I have to remind myself.

Jack had no intentions of having a child. In fact if Zara wasn't pregnant I doubt Jack would have any reason to tell me in the first place.

But what about that guy.. uh.. Elias? Yeah, what about him? I mean, he for sure could have had a part. It couldn't be Jack though, it just couldn't.

Oh god, why am I defending Jack? Child or not he — still cheated on me! And that's the rub.. No matter how you flip the situation he for sure cheated on me.

But Jack wouldn't even do anything with me.. That's so confusing. He never wanted to do anything with me whatsoever, was he lying? Was he straight after all?

My mind was running through every possible scenario and every possible outcome to prove that some how Jack was innocent, but then there was always the crippling reminder that he wasn't.

"And I live with him!" I shouted as I looked across the room. He's so stupid, with all his stupid panties and all his skirts and —

I stopped that train of thought and began another one. What if everyone knew? What if people had found out about Jack's weird kink (if you could call it that)? His life would fall apart, right? He would suffer the consequences.

There was a light tap on the door and when I said to come in I was surprised to not see Jack standing there, but rather Maria. Dressed up in a skin tight black dress and fierce red pumps. She had an expensive looking jacket and purse hanging on her left arm.

"Hello Mark." Maria greeted me. "I heard that you got some ill conceived news if you will; excuse the pun."

"Maria, did you know about this?" I asked.

"Unfortunately I did. I saw no point in telling you because I believe you should have heard it from them."

"You could've saved me from looking like a fool."

"And if you didn't look a fool you would be more likely to forgive Jack." Maria shrugged as she sat down at the chair in front of my desk. "What's your plan of action now?"

"Shit.. I don't know." I sighed. "I live with him."

"You could switch roommates."

"No, I'm not leaving for Jack's mistake. I'm going to run him out." I said and the sentence took Maria back a smidge, but then she smiled. Maria's smile wasn't lovely in the slightest. But demented and cruel instead.

"Have any good ideas?" Maria asked.

"Well," I stood up and walked towards Jack's dressed. "This is Jack's." I pulled open the drawer and when Maria saw them she looked rather confused. "He wears these."

"Wait, he wears them?"

"Yes. He has skirts and blouses as well." I said. "He likes to dress like some female fantasy in a sense. He even shaves for it."

Maria looked at it. She took a deep breath. "And you.. plan to share this?" I nodded. "Okay, but you should think about it first. This is an intense accusation and even if people believe you.. well that's hard on Jack."

"That's the point." I said.

"Just think about it a little first, Mark." Maria said. She stood and moved for the door. "I have a cab to catch, I will be back after the holiday season. Good luck." And with that, she left.

Jack didn't come back for a couple of days and even when he did, he didn't look at me and he didn't talk much which to be honest, bothered me a little. He couldn't even look at me now?

And time passed, the holidays ended and people were returning. I only ever saw Jack for minutes at a time and it messed with me to be alone for such long periods of time.

I didn't have anyone to talk to — no family, no friends, no Jack, no nothing. Not even an animal to confide in. I felt so helpless and alone, so utterly hopeless.

I didn't know really what to do anymore. My great grades were starting to fail and I had no idea why, I wasn't doing anything but homework ever. But my work it.. wasn't of the same caliber anymore.

So cross that off of the list of things I have.

I never knew where Jack was staying and something tells me he didn't either. He would drop papers on his bed that had big red F's on them. He never bought new textbooks for his classes.

He got a letter too, from the school, and it said that if he didn't get his grades up he would flunk out. But Jack.. didn't seem to care.

All these things he always cared about he simply.. didn't anymore. He didn't care about a single thing.

That was hard to handle, I knew it was because maybe I was feeling the same way.

So there's all these methods, right? All these methods to do all sorts of crazy things. Extreme measures, if you call them that. Well I, released news of Jack's obsession and it spread like wildfire. The one question he asked me was: "Did you do this?"

To which I replied. "No, not me."

And he went off to blame anyone else who knew but he would come back and say: "Are you lying to me?"

And I would say, "No, never."

That's pretty much how it went. But his life was in turmoil. He couldn't go to classes without people making a scene about it. I think I heard news of it even being included in someone's psych presentation.

Well he was well known.

Zara came to my room as well. "You need to stop." She would say.

I would reply, "Stop what?"

"Torment Jack."

I shook my head and said, "I didn't do a thing."

She would call me a, "liar."

And I would shrug it off, "I don't care what a tramp like you thinks."

And that was that. I got to watch Zara and Jack's lives fall apart. Zara dealing with hiding her stomach and Jack dealing with everyone knowing his secret. It seemed like they were trapped in a nightmare.

I should feel overjoyed by it, but I was trapped in the same nightmare, and I had no idea why.

I didn't know what to do, or where to go.

For the first time in my life — I was completely alone.

AN

Heeeeeeey I don't know what to saaaaaaaay

I got everything all planned out for finishing the next two chapters and that's gonna be the end. (I think) and then I'll start up some new stuff.

If you haven't checked it out yet, go check out "Reflections" on my profile.

Rin