3.7

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Mark: Sunday, 21 February 
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

"We need a plan." I said to Jack. He looked at me with a questioning gaze.

"A plan?" He asked. "Thats pointless. You know the first time trouble appears, we're not going to stick to that plan."

"It could help guide us at least." I said.

"Mark I'm gonna die either way." Jack replied. "It's inevitable."

"Well I mean so will I," I chuckled. "I suck at this game."

"Yeah you do." Jack said. "Dammit all!" He shouted when he was killed by an enemy in the game we were playing.

Sitting in the lounge playing video games at four in the morning, no one was around to bother us.

Jack folded his arms across his chest and poured a little. It made me laugh and I smiled at him. I scooted closer and felt him lean into me as we continued to play for a couple of hours.

"What're you two doing in here?" I turned my head to see Zara standing in what looked like exercise clothing. It hugged her figured tight but you couldn't tell that she was pregnant — not yet anyways. At first, Zara avoided her stomach being seen but I guess she realized nothing could be seen at all. Not yet.

"Nothing." Jack responded as she looked at her. "Do you need anything, Zara? Are you feeling sick or anything?"

"No, I'm alright for now." Zara said slowly. I assume Jack helped her as much as he could mentally allow. "What're you doing?"

"We're just playing games." I said. Zara seemed rather confused and unhappy to see Jack and I sitting here together. But I figured it was best not to bother her.

"Have you talked to Elias yet?" Jack asked.

"No." Zara said.

"Zara you —"

"He's busy, Jack." Zara snapped at Jack. "Besides the moment he finds out he's gonna kick your ass anyways, so I don't know why you're in such a hurry."

"Well he's gonna know something's up when the kid looks like me and not him." Jack replied sarcastically.

"Oh shut it! This is your fault."

"You can't blame everything on me!"

The two began to bitter with one another and I stood up and slapped both of them upside the head. "Shut up, it is seven in the morning. Zara you need to cool it."

"What does Maria have to say about this stupidity?" Jack scoffed.

Zara folded her arms. "Maria doesn't comment on it."

"Yeah because she probably wants to vomit every time she looks at you." Jack rolled his eyes. "I know that I do."

"Hey, be nice." I replied.

"I have been nice! This entire time!" Jack said. "I take care of her and get her whatever she wants and whatever she needs!"

Zara looked like she was biting her tongue. She turned around and stomped out of the room. Jack took a deep breath and leaned back.

"I can't believe this." He admitted to me.

"Believe what?" I asked.

"That Zara is gonna have a kid and worst of all, it's going to be mine." Jack said. "Not to say I wouldn't ever want children because I could imagine having children and I want to be a great dad but that kid is gonna have a broken household either way and I can't fix it."

"It doesn't have to be a broken household. They'll still have a mother, they'll still have a father and people who love them either way." I shrugged. "Do you want it to be a boy or a girl?"

"Oh I don't care either way." Jack said and I watched as he smiled a little bit at the idea. "If I had a son, I could play rough with him, and tell him not to mess with his friends in college but I think if I had a daughter I'd let her paint my nails and be protective."

I smiled unknowingly at Jack's idea of parenting. He wanted to be a good parent to any child, and I think he never admitted it to himself but being a father was probably a goal for him in life.

Jack frowned a little and then spoke. "I don't know, I always thought it I was going to have a child it would be with someone I loved and I could support them and give them what they needed but I don't know what I'm going to do with this kid, I want them but I'm just not sure if they're going to want the life I give them."

"You can only do so much." I told him. "If you love them, that's all that should matter."

Jack thought about what I said for a moment before speaking. "I'm sorry."

"What for?"

"I don't know I feel like you got caught up in a weird situation." Jack admitted. "Like somehow you play a part in something you had nothing to do with."

"Well, I'm with you, so I have something to do with the future of this child, don't I?" I asked and the question made Jack go a little wide eyed as if he was surprised.

"You.. want to be a.. part of this?" Jack asked and I nodded my head. "Why would you?"

"Well you said that you envisioned having a child with someone you love. And I don't know if you do, but I love you so that's close, isn't it?" I asked and Jack's face flushed a deep red.

"I-I mean.. Yeah that.. I.." Jack seemed at a loss for words and I kinda had to laugh at it a little bit. "After everything that happened, and everything I did wrong, you still want to stick around?"

"I mean, yeah." I nodded. "I would very much like to be with you for the long haul."

Jack smiled and nodded. "Okay."

AN:

Resolutioooooon~

Hey you cute butts thanks for all of your concern for me in the last authors note. You're all lovely people. I'm doing better now just gotta keep trucking.

Anyways, got three more chapters and I'm taking the train home today and so I'll probably do two more but save the last one cause I'm that author lol.

Rinny