1.1

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Mark: Tuesday, 12 September
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜 

I was laying on my bed, my arm placed on my eyes to block out the light. I heard the door open and gently close, my arm dropped and I turned to see Jack walking across the room. He took a deep breath and dropped his stuff on his bed. He turned to me. "Hey Mark."

"Hi." I said as I sat up. "Everything alright?"

"Huh?" Jack paused. "Oh yeah, why?"

"Nothing." I shook my head. "Want something for dinner?"

"Sure, did you want me to go and get it?" Jack asked me. "Do you want me to go with you?"

"You can come, sure." I said. I stood up and put on my shoes as I followed Jack out into the hall. It was then I noticed that there was a bruise on his face. "What happened? Picking fights, Jack?"

"I don't want to talk about it, not a big deal." Jack shrugged. "What are we getting?"

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Anything, I'm so fucking hungry."

"Are you hangry?"

"Am I what?"

"Hangry, angry because you're hungry."

Jack laughed. "No I don't think so. How's your studies been going? That's all you ever do, so."

"That's not all I ever do." I rolled my eyes. "It's going well, though. I just can't focus."

"Because you're hungry." Jack said as he poked my side. It made me laugh a little as I pushed his hand down.

Eventually we were sitting in a little Chinese restaurant eating food there instead of in the dorms. There was of course, the wait time for eating in.

Easily admitted, most of our conversation was just the typical, class, weather, day topics. Nothing really interesting and I could sense that it was odd until Jack's phone went off.

"Is it your mother?" I asked.

"No," Jack said. "It's Felix." I thought he answered the call but when he put the phone down, I knew he had ignored it.

"Why didn't you answer it?" I asked. "It's Felix."

"Yeah, I don't really want to talk to him when you're right here." Jack told me. It was a bit of a sweet gesture, accompanied by Jack's resonating smile. There was something about him that always threw me off, I never knew what to think around him. That seemed kind of good, in my opinion.

Jack began to laugh a little bit. "Everything alright Mark? You're giving me a funny look."

"You're always giving me funny looks." I retorted and he shrugged.

"You're a worse liar than I am." Jack said and then I saw his expression go grim when the door opened, when I went to turn around Jack put a cold hand on mine and shook his head. "Don't act weird." He whispered. "Maybe they'll leave us alone."

"Who is it?" I asked him.

He bit down on his lip and pulled it in and out of his teeth, if he proceeded for too long, it would quickly begin to bleed. I watched as he shifted uncomfortably. It made me a little upset to see the poor kid so shaken by the entire situation, especially when there was nothing I could do because I had no idea what was happening.

"Well, well." I knew that voice, I turned my head to see a sly looking blonde standing next to the table. Jack shifted uncomfortably, I recognized him but couldn't remember the name. Behind him stood Felix, looking just as uncomfortable as Jack did.