0.4

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Jack: Friday, 2 September
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

I waited for Mark, sitting on my bed, and I stood up to look at myself in the dirty mirror once more. It was almost six, where could he possibly be?

I then turned my attention to the door when I heard it open and Felix walked inside. "You almost ready? I wanna get going. I wanna grab food before we leave."

"I don't know where Mark is." I told him blatantly. "I want him to come."

"Do you mean to the party or -"

"Felix." I hissed and he put his hands up as he laughed. "Come on now, don't be an idiot."

"On you now? Or later?"

"Jesus fucking christ.." I grumbled as the door swung open and Mark walked in, he looked a little surprised to see Felix, but dropped his bag on the floor and ignored him. Sitting down, he took out a textbook and immediately began working.

"And what do you think you're doing?" I asked as I folded my arms.

"Uh.. Working on my classwork. What are you doing?" Mark asked.

"I don't know if you've forgotten," I said as I placed my hands on my waist. "But tonight is the first party of the year and I will not miss it."

"I'm not stopping you?"

"And you won't either." I said and Mark's eyes grew a little as he shook his head.

"Oh no, no, no, no." Mark huffed. "I don't care what you do McLoughlin, but I am not a party person. I've been to enough to figure it out."

"You haven't been to a party with me though." I smiled and Mark shot me a heavy glare. "Come on, don't be an ass. You're coming whether you want to or not."

"I am most certainly not going!" Mark snapped at me. "Do what you want, count me out!"

And about thirty minutes later I was sitting in a car, driving through a McDonald's drive thru with Felix yelling his order from the backseat as Elias and Zara pushed him. Then there was Mark in the front with me. Sitting with his arms folded.

We had to wait in line a little, and Mark was still beyond pissed at me. "Don't be so cranky about it." I told him.

"Don't fucking talk to me." Mark snarled.

"Well then don't get your panties in a bunch!" I huffed. "I'm just trying to socialize you with other people. A party is the best way to do it. So stop being a little crummy anti-social bug and loosen up before we get there."

"I don't want to drink." Mark quickly told me. "I don't want to play stupid drunkard games. I don't want to dance. I don't want to sleep with anyone. There's nothing for me to do."

"I won't leave you alone." I told him under the hush of Felix arguing in the back with Elias and Zara. "I'm not just going to abandon you at a party with no one you know."

"It's not about that." Mark sighed.

"It is too, and you know it." I shook my head. "Besides, feel free to get drunk, I am the designated driver."

Mark laughed. "How'd you get stuck with that?"

"Felix and I made a deal." I shrugged.

"What did we do?" Felix asked as he poked his head forward. I was being handed food that I passed into the back before turning back.

"We made a deal and I had to be the DD." I said with a shrug.

"Oh right." Felix said.

"What was the deal?" Zara asked.