Half blind date

She hated everything about this idea, she hated that she didn't know who the person would be, that she didn't know if the person was a guy or a girl, that she didn't know if the person was going to be a complete bitch, just the right amount of bitch or if they would be too sweet for her. This is why Emma doesn't ever do blind date, but for some reason, Ruby doesn't seem to care what she thinks and sets them up for her anyway. You see Emma has been single since her last girlfriend cheated on her and told her she was a worthless human being who doesn't deserve love, so basically, it was a great break up... very mutual. 

She is wearing a black leather dress that she was practically shoved in when Ruby saw it in her closet, she bought it one day when she was feeling like spoiling herself and she had some confidence. Her shoes are a pair of black heeled boots that go amazingly with the dress, god she loves boots. Her hair was in flow-y waves down her back, she has always preferred her hair down because it made her feel more covered up. Ruby had done her makeup but she made sure to tell the brunette to make it light. She ended up having dark red lips and winged eyeliner, she probably would have just gone for eyeliner and mascara but she can't really fight with Ruby. 

"I hate that you are making me do this," Emma says in a grumble to her phone that is on speaker sitting on her dashboard in her car as she drives to the dinner place ruby had texted her the address to earlier. 

"No you don't you'll thank me later, plus you owed me from the last time." 

Emma could hear that Ruby was shuffling around talking to people around her and taking orders since she is working at Granny's diner right now. "I told you I was sorry about that, I had to catch my skip and I wasn't going to just ignore work so I could go on another one of your failure setups."

"I resent that, they are not failures. you are just really annoyingly picky about your dates." Ruby sighs and tells granny an order that was just given to her, "It's also really hard to figure out whether you lean more toward men or woman, it makes it really difficult to help my best friend out. You're lucky I have so many gay and straight friends woman. Although with how things are going I'm going to run out of people to send your way- might have to start picking randos off the street." She chuckles and takes a deep breath finally getting a break from waitressing. 

"I'm not that bad!" Emma says defensively and turns down a street after sitting at a stop light for a minute.

"Em, I love you but you are. My friend Ariel that I set you up with said that you stopped talking to her when she started to tell you about how she teaches at an aquatics center."

"She wouldn't shut up about it!" Emma laughed annoyed just thinking of it, "I swear I asked her what she did and she said she was a children's swim instructor then proceeded to tell me every single day of her teaching and all the different strokes that a kid learned. I was hungry and if I waited for her to finish with her stupid story I would have starved to death."

Ruby laughs, "yeah well she yelled at me for setting her up with some asshole and then told me that she couldn't be friends with someone who has friends like you." Emma frowns and Ruby must have sensed it because she added on, "So I cussed her out and told her that she was the bitch and that you deserve way better than some mermaid ass teacher."

Emma chuckles slightly, any hint of frown was gone. She sighs and parks her car in the restaurant parking lot and turns off her car, "Rubes can't you just tell me what she looks like?"

"Nope, she knows what you look like and will find you. Trust me Em, you'll like her a lot. I don't know why I hadn't thought to pair you two up before. Just have fun and relax okay?"

She runs her hands up and down her thighs, nervous as always. She hates the fact that she is the only one in the dark during each of these dates, "Yeah okay. Have the wine and movies ready if you're wrong again."