Without what happened I probably wouldn't be here with Blake on my arm. It was a strange thought, as I didn't know if it was a happy thought or a sad thought but it was one I had often. Blake, and Dylan, and Eliot, they were the results of something unthinkable but I'm so grateful that I have them.

They're the ones who convinced me to come back here. The school felt so foreign, and the fact that the party was held in the sports hall made me laugh even more.

"You ready for this, Doctor Clay?" Blake asked me with a smile. He was dressed up in a fancy suit he bought especially for the occasion, said that we had to be the best looking people there and prove everybody wrong.

"I'm not a doctor yet, I've still got to finish passing my exams." I told him with a shake of my head. I keep telling him I'm not a doctor yet but he doesn't care, too proud that I actually learned science, or rather a form of it. Psychology was slightly easier than the GCSE's that I remember or maybe I just had a knack for understanding it now.

"Not long though," Blake said, still grinning at me, "You'll be the most beautiful doctor here."

I smiled and glanced down at what I was wearing. Choosing the outfit that I was going to wear tonight was one of the most stressful things I have put Blake and the guys through. I couldn't have anything that showed off my back, because of the scarring hidden there, and the other scars that was across my thighs that would be noticeable if I wore anything too short. But I was determined to wear a dress, I was a lady, a future Doctor and for once I was happy. I ended up with a knee length green dress with a leather jacket and some big black leather boots.

"I'll be the only Doctor there, genius."

He chuckled "Technically that still makes me right."

"Oh, do shut up. You're lowering everyone's IQ's."

He grinned at me, wrapping a arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him "I hope you won't be this mean to any of your future patients."

"No, just you." I said smirking at him, and jabbing his ribs with my hands.

He filched laughing, eyes glistening. We stared at each other for a long moment, waiting outside the sports hall, me too nervous to go inside yet.

"Do you remember when we first met?" he asked.

"Yeah, and my brother threatened to kill you? Good times."

He smiled, his face peaceful "Never in a million years did I think we'd be engaged back then."

I glanced at the ring on my finger, and smiled at him, but instead of saying anything sweet I said, "You didn't even know it was me back then." I smirked evilly at him "You thought it was this super-hot and popular girl in the year above us."

"I still believe it could have been." He joked, but then he got all serious and the laughter fell from his face "I am so happy that I was such a jerk back then."

I scoffed, smiling at him "Maybe you are!" I laughed "There was better ways you could handle the situation."

"You know me," he said with that dumb puppy smile that made my heart melt "I'm not great a situations."

Wrapping my arms around his neck I pulled him into a hug "We all know that."

He laughed into my neck and I felt the vibrations through my whole body "I'm glad I was jerk because it lead me to you." He said so softly that I hardly heard it "Because if I wasn't me back then I wouldn't have even known about you."

"Please tell me you two aren't about to make out." Elliot's voice was suddenly heard and I glanced over a shoulder to see him in a fancy suit similar to Blake's.

"Are you two wearing matching suits?"

Blake and I pulled apart, and he high-fived Elliot "Dam straight we did!" Elliot exclaimed "We're not just celebrating you here!"

I rolled my eyes at the pair and shook my head "Let's get this thing over with then." I muttered

"Oh, it's not going to be that bad." Blake chuckled; wrapping an arm across the back of my shoulders in a way that made me feel so loved and protected no one else could ever mimic "You've got me."

That's the thing about my life, I started this journey with nothing more than a pair of boxing gloves and I could never have predicted what was going to happen. The events that played out even harder than the last, like a video game Difficultly Level: High.

I never asked for Blake to sweep me off my feet and save me, I just asked for my father to stop abusing me, and in return I got so much more than that. I did have Blake, he an unexpected complication in a problem I thought was better off without him in it, but he stuck around and I'm so happy he did. He balances me out.

You just have to keep faith that everything that happens happens for a reason, and without those events, although they may seem devastating at the time, will rebuild you stronger than ever before.

I got my happily ever after, and in it I was alive. 

THE END