Chapter 12

I froze in the doorway to the pub, and then I was speed walking through it away from Marcus and Amy, and most importantly, the bar where Blake stood obliviously, and towards the bathroom signs. As soon as I was inside I was leaning against the sink. I closed my eyes.

Sometimes I really hated Doctor Logan.

Why would he bring me here? Elliot had told me that Blake had dropped out college to work bar staff; I should have figured it out sooner that Doctor Logan would have done his own research. I slammed my hand against the sink as I tried to come to terms with what was happening right now. My hand stung from the action, a red welt across my palm and I shook it out.

I was going to have to face him; apparently I didn't have much of a choice in that part. But I didn't know what to say to him, or how I was going to say what I didn't know what to say yet.

My eyes slid closed.

Ten deep breaths, they were slow and forced but by the time I had finished my heart was beating a little slowly. Only a little, but I knew I wouldn't be able to rid the anxiety that filled me. This isn't just anyone I was meeting, it was Blake Samuels...

I jumped when someone came into the toilets and rushed into one of the cubicles and I quickly turned on the tap splashing my face with some water. I left before the person in the cubical came out and saw my worried expression.

When I left the toilets I found Marcus, Amy and Doctor Logan in a booth in full view of the bar, but I avoided looking at it. Arriving at the table I did the only thing I could think of doing and I picked up Doctor Logan's glass of coke and threw it in his face before lowering myself in the seat opposite him. Marcus and Amy gasped whereas Doctor Logan just chuckled, taking a napkin he had already gotten from the bar, and mopped down his face with it.

"Myra!" Marcus hissed at me, "Apologise now."

I frowned over at him "Why should I?"

"No, no," Doctor Logan spoke up, a smirk playing on his aging face "I quite deserved that one, that's why I ordered a coke and not a whisky."

Turning to Doctor Logan "Why the hell did you bring me here, I thought you couldn't tell me what to do?"

"I can't, but I can put you in front of him and leave you to do the talking."

"I don't want to do the talking, that's the whole point of avoiding someone. What's the bloody point of meeting someone you're trying to avoid?" My heart was beating too fast again and I ducked my head holding it down with my hands.

"You can't keep hiding from him forever." Was Doctor Logan steely reply.

"Forever?" I barked, slamming my hands down and looking him in the eyes "I've only been back a total of three days."

Doctor Logan sighed, he fished his wallet out from a pocket and passed me a twenty "Myra, I'm going to go and ask you to buy yourself a drink from Blake up there. You can get me another coke while you're there, too."

I took the twenty from him, eyes flickering behind me to the bar "I don't have much of a choice, do i?"

"No."

"Fine. I'm keeping the change then."

I stood; straightening the shirt I was wearing and slowly advanced towards the bar.

Blake saw me coming and he froze "My..." I heard him whisper "I knew you we're back."

I licked my lips, looking down at the counter "A coke and lemonade with no ice and no lemon." I said but my voice was just a whisper and I couldn't even look at his face.