Chapter 13

Marcus and Amy finally had it out when they got home, they were yelling in their bedroom trying to keep quiet.

"I just don't understand why didn't tell me yesterday?" Marcus yelled.

"Because I didn't know what to say!" She yelled back, I think she was crying.

I was stressed as hell after seeing Blake and they wasn't making it any easier to try and relax. I understood Marcus was angry, he yelled a lot, did two years ago, did now. It was how he expressed himself.

I understood that, I didn't know if Amy did.

Nevertheless, I couldn't stay here, not listening to that, a fight that I had caused. Well, Amy had, but I was involved. So reluctantly I grabbed my phone and rang up Elliot, he had expressed if I ever needed somewhere to stay his place was available. Time to see if that was just talk or not. He answered after a few rings "Myra, what's up?" he sounded surprised.

"You said I could crash at yours if I ever needed to."

"Yeah, I mean, if you need to."

"Meet me at the end of my street in ten minutes?"

"Definitely. See you in ten."

I hung up and quickly slipped into my room, blinking back the memories as I shoved some of my new clothes into a bag and I quickly slipped out of the house. I waited at the end on my street with my bag, and a few minutes later I saw Elliot jogging around the corner to meet me. He stopped when he saw me and waved me over, I reluctantly followed him.

"So where do you live?" I asked him

He shrugged "I live in a flat near the shopping centre; I share it with another guy, splitting rent."

I nodded "Is your flatmate in?"

He nodded "Yeah, you've met him though so I'm sure you'll get along fine."

Frowning, "Who is it?"

"You'll see."

I huffed readjusting my bag on my shoulder

"So why you need a place to crash?" he asked "Trouble in the Clay household?"

"Shut up."

"I'm just asking."

"Yeah, well, you don't know anything about me."

"Don't I?" He asked "Me and Blake are still close you know, he texted me as soon as it happened."

I swallowed hard "So you know he still wants to go out with me?"

"Oh yeah, knew that ages ago, keep up, Clay."

I pushed him to the side but he only chuckled at me

"Seriously Clay, he likes you. Always has, always will... I'm not saying he hasn't dated anyone since you left, he has but they've all ended in flames and have crashed and burned."

"Oh."

"Oh?" he repeated frowning across at me "That's all you can say? Oh?"

"What do you want from me?"

He huffed "Nothing. Come on, it's only round the corner now."

We rounded the corner and Elliot let us into a set of flats tucked in between a couple of shops. He jogged up the steps, stopping every so often for me to catch up.

Third floor, number 12. I checked the name of his room, remembering in case I ever needed to come back. And then I stepped foot into the most male flat you could imagine; foosball table, mini fridge, filled with beer most likely, music blasting out from giant speaker in the corner of a room next to a 30" television mounted on the wall, games consoles and a half eaten pizza box in the middle of the floor.