Chapter 29

"I'm glad you finally decided to join us." Doctor Logan's voice was the first thing I heard as I entered the house, and I surprised myself by actually smiling at his words

"Yeah. Me too." I said, the small smile still on my lips as I turned to him.

He nodded. He was still standing by the window to the side of the room sipping on his tea. My brother sat on the sofa with an arm around Amy eyes looking over her head to me. He also was smiling, and when I met his smiling face, mine grew into a genuine toothy grin.

"I was starting to think you wasn't going to show..." Marcus said.

"I, uh, I was outside for a while." I told him honestly.

"Half an hour actually." Doctor Logan corrected.

I quirked an eyebrow at him, checking my phone to look at the time, but sure enough it was half six, I was half an hour late. "Oh." I said pocketing my phone "Sorry about that."

He took another sip of his tea "It's alright Myra. I can see you've improved by this week alone. God only knows what will happen if you stay."

"If?" I asked him.

"This week was an eye opener, Myra. We have some things to talk about." He said. He gestured to the kitchen with a hands "Shall we?"

Reluctantly we all moved into the kitchen, my stomach clenched in fear. What had he meant by that? Eye opener? Oh god please tell me he isn't going to let me stay...

Everyone sat around the table, and by that I do mean everyone. I eyed Marcus and Amy for a long moment as they sat and then then frowned, looking back over at Doctor Logan with a quirked eyebrow.

He saw my reaction and nodded "It's your choice Myra."

I hesitated "Only Marcus." I said.

Marcus' face lit up, but Amy looked like I had slapped her across the face. I didn't care. This was a family matter, a blood matter.

I didn't like Amy, didn't trust her.

She didn't know what happened to me and Marcus and I'd like it to stay that way. If Marcus hadn't told her before I came then I assumed he thought the same way. We didn't need pity and I knew that's all I'll get from her, anyone, who knew.

"O-oh." She stuttered "Okay..." She pushed out of her chair, making Marcus' grin falter for a moment. She scurried out of the room and Marcus ran after her.

"Just Marcus?" Doctor Logan asked "That was a bold move."

"Was it?"

It didn't feel like it to me. I trusted Marcus. In seven days I trusted him again. He was my brother, my blood, it was thicker than water, than her.

I didn't feel guilty one bit, but looking at the expression of Doctor Logans made me feel like I should. Turning my head so my ear was facing the doorway I listened to Marcus and Amy.

"She hates me..." Amy sniffed.

Was she crying?

Did it really mean that much to her.

Marcus sighed "Can you blame her babe?" he asked "You didn't make the best first impression on her."

"I'm said sorry..." Amy muttered "If I had known that he" –another sniff –"If I had known then I wouldn't have."

"It shouldn't have matter."

"I know that!" She sniffed, "I just... I feel bad, she's trying so hard, she deserve better..."