Time Will Tell

Skye

Skye

After being allowed to leave the precinct I raced over to Rock's apartment. Soon as he opened the door I broke down in his arms. I've held back from the moment I found Legend on the floor, all the way till now. My brothers crowed around asking what was going on. I was so distraught that I couldn't even answer. I just hugged on to Rock as tight as I could, he did the same in return.

"Everything is good, you made it out of there. It's alright sis." Rock consoled me.

"What's going on?" Jaceon asked.

"Y'all give us a minute." Rock responded.

"No, what happened? Where's Legend?"

"He' fine, y'all chill for a moment."

It took a good moment for me to regain my composure, my brothers and I stayed the night at Rock's apartment. I didn't say a word to my brothers about what my dad did. They asked and bothered me all night about it, but I just kept answering nothing. Finally, when they fell asleep in Rock's bed I excused myself went to the living room. Rock was knocked out on the couch in a upright position, with room on the couch I grabbed the blanket he was using and sat beside him.

"What's up?" He awakened.

"I can't sleep, I'm sure you saw the news tonight. Was my dad's face on every channel?"

"Was he? I'm surprised they didn't interrupt Cartoon Network for his ass." Rock answered, I chuckled a bit resting my head on the cushion. "Least you smiling."

I sighed, "When I go through bullshit I don't cry for long. Legend wouldn't want that, I just hope he makes it out of this."

"Most definitely, Allah isn't calling home his soldier just yet."

"Man, I thought I wasn't going to walk out of that precinct tonight. For sure I believed they were going to think my was story was bullshit."

"You really never know what those pigs are thinking, but I'll damned if y'all going to jail for your pops."

"If my dad didn't do that stupid ass shooting tonight, it's possible I would be locked up right now. But he helped sell that bull on harboring him out of fear. Still can't believe he did that to Legend, makes me wonder if he would have the balls enough to point the gun at me?"

"You may be blood, but don't put that shit passed you. I've seen it before."

"Yeah but he had the chance to, all he had to do was wait."

"Maybe he's letting the situation marinate, he could be coming for you next. Especially if Legend makes it through, once he catches wind of that he will finish what he started. I'm sure he knows he didn't raise a runner, just as he came for Legend he knows y'all would come harder for him."

"Can I ask you something personal?"

"Go head."

"Were you always Muslim or did you convert."