After the Storm

Legend

"God, why! I can't do this shit right now." Skye continued to break down in the passenger seat.

"I want my daddy! Is he okay? Why did we leave him?" Joey's daughter questioned.

"What happened before we got there?" I asked.

Everyone was hush mouthed though, shit everything happening at once I honestly can't say I have the patience for this. I'm forced to be the strong one but I'm shocked and confused as fuck with the rest of them. Usually when shit pops off its just me going through it, now it's four extra people along with myself I need to figure shit out with.

"Come on y'all, we safe right now but I need y'all to talk to me please. What happened?"

"It was three guys that came rushing in once my momma opened the door. They were looking for Joey, she wasn't going to tell them where he was at. He didn't hesitate, he just shot her. I don't remember how many!" Jaceon started but became overwhelmed.

"It's okay, calm down your doing good. Where was Joey?"

"In the kitchen with us," his daughter answered. "He pushed us in the closet and then checked on their mom. "All I remember was them saying you should've kept your damn mouth shut." She stated.

Skye was just going out her damn mind bawling her eyes out. It became so much she had to let herself out the car to throw up.

"Y'all just wait, stay calm I'm going to figure something out. Stay cool, everything is going to be alright, okay? Let me hear y'all say it."

"Okay," Joey's daughter said. 1 out of 3 will have to do.

Exiting the truck I ran over to check on Skye.

"I don't care what happens Shannon I have to go back. We have to call the police! I just need to see my momma."

"You sure that's what you want to do?"

"We have enough problems and secrets as it is. If we runaway they will come looking for me for a murder I didn't commit! What about my brothers? What damn life is it if we hide together? I can't think about just me."

"We'll call the police now and wait for them to get there. I'm not letting you go in there without somebody checking the surroundings."

"Why didn't I just come straight fucking home, this is all my fault!"

"Skye, you can't do this to me now. We talked about this, it's nothing you could've done to stop this."

"Shannon, ain't shit you say going to make me change my mind. These niggas would've never came for my family if Joey didn't get arrested for taking my dumbass to the hospital!"

"That was his decision to snitch Skye, you don't ever fucking break that rule! Everybody knows that!"

"He has a fucking daughter Shannon are you serious? I'd say whatever the fuck I need to see my child again too!"

I exhaled deep, "I understand that. But --, it don't even matter at this point. Whatever you want to do is fine with me. But before we get back in this car I want to make sure you're 100% ready to go back."

"I just need a few more minutes."

I hugged her tight trying to comfort her as best as I could, it's going to be tough from here on out. Going back to the scene is just going to have her reacting the same. Damn, I wish I could say more to help lift her during this time.