Rain On Me

Skye

"How you been honey, you coming home soon?" Joey asked.

"I'm okay, it should be tomorrow. We just going to head to the airport and cop the ticket."

"You sure you good?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. What's my mother doing?"

"I don't know, this exhumation must really got her mind rattled. She ain't been the same since she came back, did y'all have any problems?"

I sighed, shaking my head in disappointment. "No, we didn't have a problem at all."

"Alright, we'll I'll see y'all when you get here."

"Alright then, bye."

I can honestly say, since that attempted suicide Joey checks on me daily. I still feel out of place about the whole thing.

"Who was that?" Legend asked as he came fresh out the shower.

"It was my moms boyfriend."

"Oh," he blandly said as he wiped the back of his ear with the towel.

"My mom still didn't tell him or my brothers about my pops being alive nor that fact that she hooked up with him."

"Maybe you should look at it like this, it was probably a mistake. Just like me and you. We go through some shit and stay apart but when we get back together drawers is coming off."

"That's not right to her though, you know deep down my brother would love to see my dad no matter how he really feels about him."

"You need to give it time, at least for your brothers to know. This is about to get really confusing for them. You honestly don't know you trying to see the good in this but, it could potentially mess them up for a while."

"I see little good in this. What the hell even happens from here? That's the part that's killing me inside, I don't know what the fuck to do from here. I can't sleep thinking about this shit!" I shouted.

I been having so much pent up anger since leaving New York. Nobody fucking understands this shit, I just keep reviewing everything I been through over and over. I don't want to close my eyes because it's all I see.

"Skye I been asking and asking you what's wrong for the longest. Why haven't you come to me?"

"It's shit you already know, I'm trying not to talk about it because I'm tired of repeating the shit."

"Skye I don't give a damn what's it about. If anything has you feeling some type of way, I want to know. What else would I be here for if you don't tell me your problems. Baby you know you don't ever have to go through this shit alone. Even if some shit were to happen, I'm right here. I'm sure everything is gonna be good now, I can't really be certain on it but that's something you have to believe on your own."

I took in a deep breath, "I'm trying but baby I can't. I don't know if god just don't like me or this family, maybe he just punishing my dad for all the shit he did back in the day. But he ain't through with us yet."

"We about to get the hell out of here, you need some fresh air."

"Shannon it's cold as fuck outside."

"I don't care, bundle up. Somebody need to show you what's life is about or something, I'm not used to you talking like this."

"It's not about fresh air, I just want to be by my family."

"Then why didn't you say so Skye?"

"At first I did want to be alone with you, we never spent this much time alone together. But I'm going through so much, I can't enjoy this thinking about my dad, his other kids, my mom, my brothers. At the same time I'm afraid of going home because I'm still ashamed of what I did."