911

Skye

Later That Day . . .

If anybody would've told me that some point in my life I would attempt suicide, I would've straight clowned you! Suicide? Me? Nah, I wouldn't go out like that but I damn sure tried. Just like everybody else I get sad, I get defeated, and I feel depressed. But damn, never thought I would try to end it all, I been through the fire just to lay it all down. It wasn't for Legend, it wasn't because of Joey, or how my mother came at me. I've been smiling on the outside, but battling some mean ass demons within. I feel ashamed, because this isn't who I am. I'm valedictorian, beholder of beauty and brains, a woman of true strength. This shit ain't me.

"Why would you do something so damn stupid?" Legend said fighting back tears.

"I fucked up, brought too much stress on myself. Legend, it's a lot of shit that brought this on take your pick! I'm only to blame for my own actions."

"Tell me anything, just don't tell me you didn't do this to get my ass over to you!"

Crazy how everybody damn in near tears today, my ass is over here feeling some type of way because they pumped my stomach. Shit got me feeling real weary, I feel sick like I need to throw up. I feel slight pain but it isn't anything I was about to face if these pills took affect.

"Believe it or not, it wasn't for you to come see me. I made a foolish dumbass decision that was meant to cost me my life. I'm dealing with too fucking much and don't want to deal with it. Why the fuck do think most stressed out people commit suicide?"

"You didn't fucking think about any body who cares for you, loves you, and wants to see your stupid ass to succeed!"

I coughed trying to remove the mucus from my irritated throat. "You ain't on that list? So what the fuck does matter to you?"

Earlier That Day . . .

When Joseph left the bathroom I locked myself inside, just as he reached the outside air my mother pulled up. The window in the bathroom facing the front was opened, I heard everything that traveled up to the window. My mind went into a panic, I really screwed shit up for myself and there's no way out of this.

"Help me with my bags, I bought something real special for you!" A smile on her was brighter than the sun.

"Boys, why don't you go put your things up I need to talk to your mother real quick."

My heart felt like it skipped a few beats, I sunk to the floor as I continued to hear their conversation.

"Before you lose your mind, let me finish everything I have to say. You beautiful, you have a beautiful family. I thank you for inviting me into your life, but I'm a changed man so I'm not about to go to jail for your daughter!"

"What the hell happened Joey?"

"I came over and waited for you, nobody answered the door but I heard music in the back and found Skye laying out in the sun."

"Get to the fucking point!"

My emotions were running wild, I started to nervously cry to myself.

"You need to hear me baby. She wanted me to take a look at your sink, I'm on the floor tightening up a bolt. She asked me if I eaten you out, I'm fucking confused because it's not a concern she should be asking."