Loyalty

Skye

     Knowing my dad and his level of games, I didn't know how I was going to maintain this ruse that I had no idea what he was doing to Legend. Yet, I was my father's daughter. Being deceitful runs through my veins. Legend needs to come up with a strategy soon. Crazy the man my dad has turned into, my mother is for sure rolling over in her grave over this. The reason of my existence is really going to sacrifice my happiness for his own.

     "Have you thought about something yet?" Legend and I talked in confidence in the bedroom, my dad was out in the living room on the phone talking in code to somebody as if I didn't know.

     "No, for now, I'm not going to do a damn thing he wants. He probably going to hold off on another ass whooping, but I'll be alright."

     "No fuck that!" I shouted.

     "Skye, I swear to God, if your big ass mouth outs us there won't be an us!"

     "Shannon, I'm trying to be patient, but I can't have you walking up in here busted up again. Do you realize how you were acting last night? You deadass was acting like you had a flashback moment to when you were in prison."

     "I said I didn't want to talk about that shit!" He sparked at me.

     Closing my eyes briefly, I took in a deep breath. Legend didn't ever yell like that but when he did the shit it was serious. "Shannon I can't help you if you don't talk to me."

     "Skye, leave me the fuck alone about it! If you don't have anything useful to say don't even bother saying it."

     Last thing Legend and I needed right now was to be fighting with each other. Whoever jumped him the other day brought up bad memories from his stint in prison. Knowing that, I wouldn't bother him about it any further, I guess something like that I can't really help out with.

     "I'm sorry Shannon, I won't ask you about it anymore. I don't want to see was you walking back in the here looking half dead, I'm hoping for something to get done so you don't get jumped again! When you are ready to make your move, let me know."

     Legend sat at the edge of the bed with his head buried in his hands. Quietly without the dramatics, I left the room. My own pops was breaking us down without the slightest notion. He was a fool trying to bring his name back up in the streets! Leaving his sight was going to get increasingly harder each day, he would try to make no mistakes this time around.

     "Everybody needs to be on they shit. If it is one slightest fuck up that is somebody's ass! I'm accomplishing something that no one has ever tried before. All those months of studying and watching peoples schedule, the time has come to takeover," Dad said, going off on the phone.

     "Dad, you aren't going to be too busy for mom's birthday is in a few days, are you? I thought I'd cook something big," I interrupted his conversation.

     "Wouldn't miss it for the world," he said, covering the mouth piece with his hand.

     "You know, when you were gone, we celebrated your birthday with a cake. We didn't go all out. With you being gone had us surviving off food stamps. But mommy made sure she had that cake boy!" My eyes began to well up with tears.

     "Don't worry, I'll be here baby I promise."

     I sighed. "It's almost Jace birthday too. I don't know what I'm going to do for him. I was thinking having a rooftop party, he can invite his little friends. A couple of girls or something, he doesn't want anything kiddie, I'm not made of money to be buying him everything he wants, like those two damn pair of Jordan's he's been begging for."