Poppa' Was A Rolling Stone

Legend

Of course I was dragged into going, but I don't mind. It's always something with this family. I been through getting the momma out of jail to the boyfriend being released from jail. I seen the white girl mistress and her baby, now I need to see this chick. I mean if Skye moms treat her husband the way she treats me then ... I would've simply divorced the bitch.

"Why are you crying?"

Skye was trying to have a controlled face, but as she packed her clothes up in her room she couldn't help but let her emotions show.

"Maybe Jaceon is right, maybe my dad really ain't shit. To let everything that has happened to us happen, sending us on a wild goose chase throughout New York for money and to uncover his fucking dirt. My mother was really good to him, besides being in love with the money, the cars, and the clothes. She really loved him and rocked hard for him! Now the same shit is happening again? Another damn kid Shannon, how could he do this! My mom is trying to be there when they dig his ass up, you know what they're going to do in order to extract DNA? Due to embalming fluid and the duration of him being underground, they're going to have to dismember him to get bone marrow.

I tried to find words for comfort but the only simple answer that came to mind was "It's going to be okay."

"It's not and its never been okay since he died, how can one dead guy still cause problems a year and a half later?"

"Come here," I said reaching my hands out.

"I need to finish packing."

"You about to blow a chance to be all up on me? I'm telling you, I'm not asking."

Sulky she climbed into her bed and laid on top of me, "I really don't want to go. I'm just here for support. I don't want him to be touched, they shouldn't do this. Why can't they just take blood from one of us to prove the bastard is our sibling?"

I let out a laugh, "Come on. You going to kill this one too?"

"You got jokes now? I don't mean to be rude I know the kid had no say in being born, but my dad had a choice in fucking her!"

"Maybe he knew he was going to go down one day and wanted to go out with a bang!"

"That's still a reason to cheat? A man preparing to die should be spending every moment possible with his family."

"I don't think you should get worked up, it will be over soon enough."

"When I'm older, whoever I marry I pray is my husband till death do us part. I pray he's loyal, just as I will be to him. When we have kids, he will be the only man I will allow to give me kids. I'm not the one to have multiple baby daddies. If my husband has eyes for another down the road, I pray he tells me so I won't look stupid, I can just divorce his ass."

After having a breather Skye finished packing and showered up, when she came out I was on the phone texting Tink. Since I've been down here she's called me once to check up on me, after last night when Skye tried to have sex. We talked for a good two hours. Skye must have thought that because the way things went while we were out, that it would be good to try and get things poppin back in her room.

As she walked over towards her bed, I got up ready to make my way towards my guest room. "Where are you going?" She asked.

"To shower and go to bed."

"Shannon, you can sleep in here my mom doesn't care."

"But I do, good night." I said kissing her cheek.