Two Can Play This Game

Skye

The goodbye wasn't sweet as one would have thought when I said bye to my parents. Just in case I hugged my dad tight, I think it was the first hug I gave him since acknowledging he's here in the flesh breathing. Don't know if he's going to disappear again, I don't know if the union my parents had was a one night stand or not. Don't know if things will be right again, but I do know if everything hit the fan I at least said bye. It may not be the best terms but he knows where my love stands.

My mother will have to face the music without me when she tells Joey. I've been around enough bad news for once, I just need a few days to myself and I'll be back to pick up the pieces when I return. When I dropped my mother off at the airport I gave her a kiss goodbye then told her that I loved her. Supposedly my dad is going to be waiting for her to break the news before he packs up and moved closer to us. I hid my ring not in the mood to explain that I've gotten engaged. Neither parent seem to be a fan of Legend, either way in the near future he will be my husband. After watching her board her plane we left to head out on the road.

I couldn't stop gazing at my ring, it was so beautiful. I smiled continuing to gaze till Legend snapped me out of it.

Driving the rental car he used his free hand to hold mine, taking his vision off the road for a second I felt my hand being lift to his plush supple lips.

"Didn't your momma ever teach you not stare at bright things? You'll go blind!"

I laughed, "You know exactly what I like. I just can't get over how beautiful it is. We really on a whole new level!"

"Sky is the limit, can't go no where but up!"

Holding on to his hand I leaned against the passenger side door and rested my eyes. Mrs. Skye Irving, I don't know when legally I'll have my name changed to that. I want to give it a year or two of being engaged first, nobody said I was jumping the broom just yet.

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I spotted was the Welcome to Pennsylvania sign. But when I did awake I felt different, something just felt off.

"Baby something don't feel right."

"My babies just cooking up in there, I'm sure it's normal." He suggested patting my stomach.

"No," I rolled my eyes. "It hasn't even been 24 hours since possible conception, relax yourself. Seriously, I'm telling you something don't feel right."

"What, you gotta' boo boo? We almost there, 30 more miles to go unless you can't hold it."

"No, that's not it! Something ain't right like, we have no business being in Pennslyvania. Like I feel some Final Destination or Premonition type shit, pull over."

"What?"

"Just pull over!" I shouted.

He sighed wanting to just go on further, still listened though and pulled over. Exiting the car I stood to the side while Legend leaned up against the trunk. I just needed a minute, I didn't feel comfortable driving further.

"You good?"

"I honestly think we need to turn around, I don't feel comfortable. Some shit isn't setting right with me. How long it's been since we left New York?"

"An hour, if you thinking about your moms she hasn't even landed yet."

"Can we take a different route or turn around?"

"What?" He shouted as an 18 wheeler flew by, "You need to stop worrying, you can call her when she lands." Legend walked over to me and placed his hands on each of my shoulders. "You need to stop making her problems your problems. I guarantee when she gets home she's not even going to tell ol' dude about what happened. You grown, worry about what we got going on. Don't worry about how anybody is living but you!"