60 - Portal Opening

Start from the beginning

They are indeed Theo and Yulrir respectively. Theo had lent Yulrir his own black cloak which is covered with his own scent. This is an obvious move for any alpha giving a warning to other alphas that this person is already taken. The other reason why Theo had made Yulrir wear the cloak is to avoid any unwanted attention for his own wife. Let's all be honest here, even with Yulrir wearing his mask, his aura and demeanor are still akin to a mysterious beauty.

The duo traveled silently as they casually look around digesting the beauty of the city from above. Not a bit far from them is the headmaster mounted on a similar looking red-tailed hawk and way behind them are their fellow Golden Dragon Academy's disciples. Their group was actually one of those who checked out earliest at the lodge as the headmaster instructed them to avoid the peak hours where people check out most of the time. It is considered a good initiative for the group as some of the other groups from other institutions suffer from long queues before checking out.

The place where the portal exactly located is on the heart of the Herevias City. It was located in a temple located near the central park. The temple is surrounded by high walls and it's protected by myriads of defensive arrays. Its barrier is more complex and more superior to the one at the Dragon's Tower. The most eye-catching part of the temple is the life-like statues of gigantic phoenixes which seems like protecting the temple itself. Travelling by flying mount from the lodge will only take 5 minutes.

The group arrived at the site with ease and with the headmaster on lead, they took a spot somewhere near the entrance of the temple. There were other groups who arrived before Yulrir's group seemingly preparing themselves for the upcoming trial. There are Golden-armored knights dispersed in all directions of the temple. They are indeed members of the Emperor's Imperial Knights. They all stood unmovingly and their face expresses nothing but an icy disposition.

Theo gave Yulrir a glance and heave a sigh of relief to find out he was calm like a lake water. Yulrir seemed to notice the glance of Theo and looked up to meet his line of sight.

Theo smiled and said, "Once the portal is open, we won't be able to withdraw."

Yulrir nodded and withdrew his gaze from Theo. With the hood shadowing his face, he responded with a calm smile "Truth to be told, I'm nervous but the mere fact that we will be entering a new realm makes me excited."

Yulrir paused for a bit as he turned his gaze back to Theo. "Plus, as long as we're both together... I don't think there will be much of a problem. " Yulrir chuckled.

Theo's eyes shined with anticipation as he looks at his wife like a heavenly treasure. There are two types of wives that a man wishes for. The first is the type of wife who is willing to wait at home for eternity until his husband comes home. The second is the kind of wife who is willing to stand by his husband's side until the last of their breath. Theo knew exactly that Yulrir belonged to the second type. He wanted to pounce on Yulrir right now, take him away from the sight of the others and claim him right there and then but then again his 'will' to remain rational is stronger.

Yulrir noticed the change of Theo's scent and gave Theo a bitter smile. Theo laughed as he whispered "Don't worry... Just a bit of an alpha thing. "

The headmaster noticed that his students were rarely silent and the heavy atmosphere is evident. He knew that even a proud alpha at this moment right now will still feel fear with a thought of entering an entire unfamiliar realm. They knew that there is a chance that they will perish inside it but still took a chance for a wish to gain fortuitous encounter and treasures that can help their cultivation.

The headmaster gave the group another briefing and some points they had to remember once they enter the realm. Even the usually proud and uncaring Juno had earnestly listened to the headmaster's words.