(13) Joke

I don't want to speak to him. Not yet. Few seconds later, the bell rang for the first subject to start. The professor was talking yet my mind was nowhere to be found. Andrew's face haunted me. He looked hurt.

Classes pass like a blur to me. Even in math, I was still feeling low. No matter how exciting it is to solve the equations, I just can't put my head back. All this happened in a matter of two days and it's even barely a week!

So why didn't I fought Sage off? I am the sassy one. But still, I was seen as his girl now. That thought too bothered me so much.

Was it because I saw something in his eyes?

I don't know but it feels weird. When I looked at his cerulean eyes, I was drowned by them. His eyes were deep and emotions flickered through them and I'm sure because I saw it, I saw that he was in pain.

Ugh, I must be imagining it. Something was off with me! I'm just overreacting!

The bell rang for lunchtime. I packed my books and things inside and slung my bag in my shoulder. Students were lining for the door because lunch is the time of the class to look forward. But I remained in my seat, because I'm contemplating if I would go to lunch with them.

But I didn't noticed a King waiting for me outside the door. I only knew when he walked straight to me, walking inside the Physics laboratory.

"Hey. Maybe you didn't notice that the bell rang three minutes ago." He cleared his throat. "I think we should go."

"Huh? Oh. Uhm... yeah. Sorry." I sighed and started to stand up from my seat.

"I uh, I just want to apologize Hannah. I know it was not good move. I kind of... I don't know. Maybe I  just want to be close to you... because... you were the first person whom I made friends here. And uh... you really intimidate me. So I'm sorry."

I smiled at Sage who was looking guiltily at me. I then patted his arm.

"It's okay. We'll tell everyone that it was just a joke. It will be fine. Don't worry." I told him reassuringly. "But in return, you have to treat me lunch. How's that?"

He laughed at me and held his pinky copying it like a hook. "No problemo señorita, friends?"

Isn't he too old for pinky swears?

But I took his pinky too by hooking it with mine and gave him a smile but eventually, a light laugh. "Friends."

No hard feelings.

I sat at our lunch table with a lighter feeling. I thought my friends would be like Andrew, gets pissy because I was an inconsiderate girl. But everyone seemed cheerful and did not ask about what happened.

And Andrew with his girlfriend where nowhere to be found.

Or maybe they just didn't know yet.

But that would be impossible. News here in Eastwing High travels at the speed of light. People here just want something to gossip especially if it is about me. Yeah, I'm the popular girl's number one enemy. You might have noticed it by now.

Toby was leaning against his chair while fidgeting his phone. His leg formed number four and he looks fine but he didn't touch his food yet while the rest of us are almost halfway through our lunch.

"You wouldn't eat this?" As I snatched pieces of his French fries. He was too late to squat my fingers away because the fries was in my mouth when he noticed.

"Stop stealing my food. Go ask your boyfriend to buy it for you." He moved his fries away from me and started to dig in. He was then typing something on his phone.

"He's not my boyfriend." I told him in matter of fact tone.

"Pretty boy says otherwise." He smirked.

The boys swarmed around us like flies when they heard about me and Sage being a couple. The jerk was casually leaning on his chair, enjoying the flock of boys watching us with hawk eye. Cloud even stopped eating and focused on us. This was nothing to him, like this was okay for him to be exact.

"Is it true then?" Ian asked first. His eyes glinted with mischief. It was really twinkling.

"What? No!" I refused.

"Aw babygirl. Well I will get jealous... a little. But I'm cool with him." He replied.

"Oh my God guys, stop. I said no already." My face wrinkled. This sh*t is stressing me out.

"Guys stop! She's right. It was just a joke." Sage spoke up, enough to make them confused. He laughed at them in a casual manner. "We were just fooling around."

The twins eyed him suspiciously. This wasn't new. Everytime a guy comes to ask me out would go straight to the twins for 'screening' as they put it. The twins are really playful but scary too.

"Fooling around?" Lucas crossed his arms.

"What do you mean by, 'fooling around'?" Luke seconded.

Oh God. No, no, no!

"Wait, you got the wrong idea! F*ck! What he meant to say was we were just joking." I drank my soda first before I tried to explain. "Because we met Shiela on the way. We all know how bitchy she gets especially that now we have an additional to our family. She wants him so she starts to play dirty with me again."

Lucas held is hand in my front. "Woah, stop being defensive. We were just kidding too."

But both of the twins looked at each other and smiled. Twins and their secret messages. I wonder how do they do that? Telepathy? It's really amazes me how Luke would want Lucas to understand what he meant and in just one look, they both got the idea.

I kinda wish I have that kind of magic too.

He rest of the boys interrogated me and threw some questions about what happened. Good thing that Sage would always save me. I'm tired of them questioning about it. I already told them and I hate to repeat myself so I just munched on my lunch to avoid their talk.

When lunchtime was done, I hurriedly picked my bag and bid goodbye to them. We didn't get the same schedule since I enrolled a little late, thanks to my procrastination and laziness. It was a little sad not to be able with them for a little while but I have a few subjects with them. I think it's enough.

As usual, Sage came with me. He was always with me in my class. I start to wonder how did he know my sched but I was just being hesitant. And duh, of course. The principal must have gotten my schedule and copied it. He wants me to babysit the precious new kid.

Who am I kidding?

The class pass on with a blur. And I momentarily forgot about Andrew and his disappointed looks.