*1: Abandoned Warehouse

[Psst, the chapters have the location, BTW.] *edited*

There are moments in time where everything just falls apart. On the flip side, there are times where everything seems to come together. It was never my intention to have this happen to me, but because the experience happened, there is no way for me to not tell it. The words are like scars that caress my marred body. They weren't there when the story began but was acquired through the hours and hours facing things that before I never even could conjure up in my imagination. I didn't want this to happen but since I had very little choice in the matter, it would only make sense that I make the most of it.

His eyes are menacing yet I know they don't mean to be. He's taunting me with the way he unconsciously carried his self. It's insane to think how I got into this predicament, chained to a chair; feet and arms bound uncomfortably all because I wanted Jamba Juice. Easily, I could make myself intangible but he knows that and put a power concealer pendant around my neck. Those necklaces are usually super cute and are definitely trending on the runway. I think Marc Jacobs made this particular pendant. Did he even make jewelry? It's quite the shame that the necklaces are more of a nuisance than anything else since they smother my powers to embers.

Who is he? That's easy to answer. He's my evil nemesis, secret crush, a person who's more powerful than me, and the guy who wants to kill me; however, most people call him Phantom. Personally, I ship us so hard it hurts, but that's just my opinion that I will never admit because he isn't afraid to flaunt his affection for me. Even though he claims he wants to kill me, Phantom barely breaks my bones. As long as he doesn't exactly know how hard I ship us, we are in the safe zone, and he will never know. I won't even admit that I have the deepest, minuscule, ember of like towards him. If that just so happens to slip out, then my life will be H-E double hockey sticks, and that's saying something because my life really sucks lollipops right now. And N-O I don't exactly know if Phantom actually genuinely likes me or if he wants to play with my heart strings. What I do know is that he's the reason I am currently bound to a really uncomfortable, wooden, and creaky chair. Maybe if I keep shifting my weight and make it squeak long enough he'll snap and let me go?

The idea is worth a shot, so I begin shifting my weight while watching Phantom warily. He hasn't said two words since I woke up, something that is extremely out of character since Phantom is the most popular villain of the world and he knows it, making my life run on his constant chatter and selfishness. (Out of all the superheroes worldwide I and ranked number 186 if you must know.)

Seriously, his arrogance and cocky attitude kills me! Rather than talk or fight, I just watch him pace in front of me. Creak, creak, creak is the only sound in the... abandoned warehouse. How cliché. Why can't he take me to a five-star hotel room that I'm sure he can afford, with an all you can eat buffet? And the chair is literally the only noise in the whole place because Phantom has this uncanny skill of soft footsteps. When he walks, he makes absolutely no sound, which is awesome when he's invisible because not even I can find him. My lead feet, on the other hand, make so much noise I might as well be a giant. And yes, Phantom makes fun of me for it. Did you even have to ask?

The chair creaks and I wonder when he'll get so annoyed and snap. Even if it's a "Stop making that fricken' frackin' noise!" or something, it will make me feel better.

Does Phantom even know I'm awake? I glance at his back, pausing from shifting my weight. He is dressed in his usual black, skinny dress pants, black, shiny dress shoes and a silver button down shirt that must cost a fortune. His black hair is spiked up in the front- his bangs usually so long they fall in his eyes and the sides of his hair are cropped short. Any other boy with that look would look absolutely awful, but somehow Phantom pulls it off easily.