25: Unknown Location

I should have known trusting Phantom with Jorge was a stupid idea, yet I gave him the car keys anyways because I didn't fully thing it through until after he squealed the tires while getting out of the carport.

"He's sensitive!" I yell, petting the dashboard in front of the passenger's seat. "Go slower!"

Phantom doesn't was up on the gas, "We don't have a lot of time if you want Anna to be alive when we rescue her."

"Yeah, but if you do t be kind the Jorge then he will revolt and break down! Do you want to walk to wherever you're taking me to?" I retort.

"We wouldn't walk," he replies simply. I glare at him, though his eyes are focused on the road. 

"You don't have your seatbelt on. That's my number one rule of people being in my car. You have to have a seatbelt," I chime.

He gives me a mean look. His signature mean look, "If we crash, I'll turn intangible and nothing will happen. What's the point of having powers if one does not care to use them?"

"Where are we going?" I ask impatiently as he turns on a dirt road. 

He doesn't answer of course

Corn fields zoom past, and poor Jorge groans with the struggle of going off-road. I wince with every rock that bounces off my car. Even if they scratch, it would only add to the collection of dents. Phantom chuckles every time I grimace. 

He's driving too fast to make conversation, the only sound is the road and rocks. I stare out at the sea of corn. It's almost harvest time, yet not quite. When he turns, I realize that I have no idea where we are going and the fact scares me. Phantom is a villain, and if we don't find Anna soon, then statistics prove that she'll be dead by the time I can reach her. I eye him and wonder if he's actually on my side.

The van slows to a stop and I look out to see a bare piece of the field. 

"This is an A+ murder place..." I mumble, undoing the seatbelt. 

"What a good idea! I'll remember that next time Detective Hawthorne decides to piss me off, or when my father decides to anger me by calling me and I need some people to kill to make myself feel better. Why go to therapy when you can take it out on other people?" Phantom turns to me with a cold smile. 

It takes all of my willpower not to shiver, "If you kill anyone I'll put your butt in a jail cell faster than you can high tail it out of this forsaken town, Colton Rhodes."

Then something totally unexpected happens. Phantom puts the car in park and leans over to grab my chin and place his lips on mine. 

I don't know how to react. It's so sudden! My heart beats super fast as his lips move against mine. My body leans towards him. His gloved hands stroke my cheeks, one moving to the back of my head. I seriously am in heaven, my arms locking around his neck, pulling him closer to me.  

I think I moan. I know for sure he does. My face turns hot with a blush and I realize what I'm doing, what we are doing. I jolt back, dropping my arms, and putting enough distance as I possibly can in the van, which is more than a sports car would have. "Why?"

Phantom smirks, and motions to my neck. I look down to see the pendant necklace that stops a super's powers. My eyes widen, "What the heck Phantom?!" I yell.

"I love you and if you get in the Doctor's way, he'll kill you," he explains. 

"You don't know that!" I fire back.

"I know a lot of things. For starters, there is absolutely no way that you can beat him when you barely defeat me on the insanely rare off-days I have."