Chapter 10: I Don't Know What's Up!

Zacznij od początku

"Hey man," Jesse said. They did this weird handshake thing that the jocks usually do when greeting each other. I remember Blaine going on and on about it as if it's so cool. "What's up Kev?"

"Not much just chilling with my bud," I gave him a quick look as to not blow my cover. Heaven knows that if Jesse knows who I am, he'll beat me to a pulp. Kevin returned my look with one of challenge, "Alan".

5..4..3..2..1.. Nothing happened. I took a glance at Jesse to see that he had a confused face.

"Alan who?" Kevin grinned even wider.

"Blaine's best friend? He's cool."

"Doesn't look like that nerd." Jesse muttered as I held in a breath as he examined me. "You say he's cool?"

"Yeah man, didn't you hear he even turned down Shelly?" This got Jesse's approval.

"You sure he's really a guy?" Jesse joked. Kevin smiled proudly.

"We'll see once he hits the gym. We're going to have to whip him into shape considering he's already whipped in other areas." I scoffed knowing he was referring to my feelings for Blaine. "You know what's even funnier? Ask him 'what up'?" He let out a chuckle. Jesse gave me a nod.

"Why, what up?" I sighed as I ran my mind through any possible subjects that they couldn't tease me about.

"Wait, why hasn't Blaine come back?"

"Ohhh!! I get it; you've changed your image because you're dating Blaine now." My jaw dropped as Kevin had his signature grin on. "About time, you've been a love-sick puppy since she became a cheerleader. At least that's when everyone met you two." He said this as his eyes followed a brunette leaving the room.

"Don't be silly Jesse, that would be impossible." Kevin used a teasing voice using my words from earlier.

"I'm going to go find my friend Blaine." I said as I went the direction she left to. I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes after hearing Jesse ask Kevin what 'acquaintance' means.

"Wait Alan! What's your number?" I recited it to Kevin as he stood beside me now without question. I really didn't want to know what goes on in that head. He sent me a text right away as to make sure it was the right number. At that, I had to roll my eyes. "Working out starts this Saturday, send me a text after cancelling all your plans to let me know it's a go. I'll come pick you up, got it?"

"Yeah man, what's up?" It was Kevin's turn to roll his eyes.

"It's actually that's what's up, but we'll work on it later. It's time for a new Alan to shine."

"'Kay well see you then." I muttered as I went on with my search through the groups of intoxicated teenagers everywhere. They're basically criminals.

"Blaine! Blainnneee!" Where is she? I worked up enough courage to ask a group of girls near the exit.

"Do you guys know where Blaine is? Brown hair, silver dress?"

"We know who Blaine is, we go to your school. Last time I checked, she was upstairs with Shelly. Apparently, it was too important of a conversation for us." I shook my head knowing that that meant I couldn't go to her either then. She spoke up again. "Not unless you're dorky Alan?" She chuckled to herself.

"Upstairs you said?"

"Yep." She popped out the p as I started walking through the stairs. Sudden anger went through me as I clenched the staircase as I walked up not even bothering to watch that girl's reaction. If these people at least got to know me instead of just looking at those stupid glasses, they wouldn't be so surprised.

I saw no one, so I went up another flight of stairs. I turned the corner and kept walking straight down the hallway noticing how loud the stereo was downstairs.  Considering the volume was getting dimmer, I heard voices as I spotted both of them just talking casually in a random room, I guess?

"Not really, I just don't like him like that." Blaine had her back towards me. I was about to reach out towards her until the head cheerleader from earlier saw me in the corner of her eye and shook her head and gestured towards where I came from after a second. I leaned back into the doorway wondering why she didn't want me to speak out my presence.

"Doesn't seem like that with the way you two interact?"

"Haven't you figured it out, it was part of the plan." Plan, what plan? I heard Blaine take a sip of her drink. What's going on? "Once the guide's over, it'll be different." I sunk to the ground. Different, different how?

"At least be reasonable; you know he likes you." They must be talking about me.. Shelly scoffed. "Isn't he one of your best friends?"

"Exactly, friends. Why are you making it a big deal? I already would know how he feels." What is she saying? That she knows I care for her, but she doesn't care? I felt completely hurt at the rejection yet angry as well, but sadness prevailed.

"Because I saw it when he rejected me! Who did he go to after that? You!"

"So you seem to be an expert in love; are you in love with him?"

"Me, what do you mean, aren't you?" Shelly said looking surprised.

"Of course not! You're being ridiculous!" I felt myself sink deeper. "Now for the last time Shelly, It'll never happen! Just drop it!" It'll never happen. No matter how hard I try, she'll never feel the same.

"Well you don't deserve someone like him anyway," I sneaked a view to see Shelly texting away on her phone as if she didn't have a care in the world.

"You're not one to talk; haven't you cheated on Jesse last semester?"

"Quit the saint act, will you? You're going to break his heart, and you could care less." I saw Shelly's shoulders shrug as if she didn't care about the conversation anymore. I shook my head and walked away. I didn't need to be here anymore.

"It's not like that." I heard Blaine say, but I didn't what to what it was like. I walked back downstairs to find Kevin. I motioned for us to leave, and he followed without a reply. We were outside when I spoke up. Kevin gave me a concerned look.

"Blaine's upstairs, can you grab her and take her home for me?"  

"Sure, everything okay?" I gave him a grim look. I ignored him as I turned away.

"I'll see you Saturday; I need a change." I walked towards my car and didn't look back.

I didn't want to cry, I really didn't. It's just hard.. yet I couldn't be mad; when I got in my car, I took off the stupid contacts and put back on my glasses. Looking at myself from the side view mirror, I couldn't blame her for not wanting anything to do with a nerd like me..