It was more than getting Luke and Francis out.  I realized that the moment my eyes hit her bag of bones as I looked around for the shovel.  That this was not one incident as a reason for why I needed to go in there.  There were millions of reasons, so many... and so many that allowed my thoughts to find all of my terrible past with her.  And that terrible past were the million reasons why I needed to go in there.  For not just the two men inside.  But for Emily.  And... and for me too.  I didn't think in terms of life and death at that moment as my eyes became lost in the blackness of the old trash bag.  All I knew was that I was going in with the intent to end this, one way or another. If she lives or dies... that lied with fate.  I didn't know if it would come to that yet.  All I knew was I was doing this for all of us.  Even if I didn't quite know what that exactly was.  I first needed to find out.

I needed to move around in the pit quietly.  My eyes though were fast - fast enough to find the shovel after I was forced to tear my gaze away from the garbage bag.  And knowing I must hurry, I scrambled over to where my eyes landed on the shovel, cautious of not being seen.  When I picked it up, I wasted no more time pondering over irrelevant things - like what happens if I mess up....

Crawling through the dirt over to where the edge of the grass was a few feet up, I stared up.  And though I was noticeable if people were closer, I was more concerned with the edge of the trees.  As I slowly peaked out and looked all around me again, and saw I was clear, I knew I had to go. Go in with heated skin and a need to end this all.  I needed to stay rational and in control though at the same time.  That was key I realized soon with how much anger was building in me as I continued scanning the perimeter.  One thing I did know and was happy about though... was that they had to still be alive.  Their bodies were not in this pit. 

Swallowing hard, and allowing my loud breathing to quiet, I started to slowly crawl up out of the wide pit we dug.  The moment I was over the edge, and my dirty body was in the grass, I wasted not a second.  I got to my feet with the shovel in hand and ran up to the back of the house that was only a few yards away.  Go, go, go.... I was so on edge and paranoid at this point.  It rose even more when I ended up pressing myself right up against the siding of the house.  Even with the shadows as my protection. 

But even though I was very paranoid and scared, I knew I couldn't waste time.  So I didn't.  Inching my way towards the sliding door, I forced my breath down and tried focusing on straining my ears. As I took slow steps, I got closer.  Closer... until I was pressed against the siding with the door right next to me.

I tried hearing anything.... And when I couldn't, the only way my chances would improve is if I got closer.  Though cautious and careful, my heart shot up harder.  In my heartbeat, the way I was breathing, and my nerves on end.... My eyes were wide and searching.  You can also thank my body tensing because of the hatred, pure and fire, that was igniting in my soul it felt like.  I was anxious and wanted to get in there, and kick her ass.  For her daughters se couldn't be a mother too and for the two men suffering inside too somewhere.  I was sick of this bullshit and it would stop tonight.  It made me even fight my caution with wanting to go in there and fuck shit up.  But after all that Luke has taught me, I knew better. 

One last deep breath... and I moved away from the side of the house.  Looking over the sliding door, glass shattered all over, I tried my best to do it quietly.  I stepped through the opening of where the glass once was.  But I knew just the crunch of glass could give me away.  That's why I forced myself to take my time, even if that was hard - and carrying a shovel with me.  But once I did and was in, I could hear something at being closer Standing in the dark back hall now, I took in what I could from one voice I knew too well....

"We....  Family...."  It was all I could make out in Clare's voice.  I slowly started to move and turned the corner of the hall packed with shadows.  My eyes shooting all over, I knew it was coming from the living room.  I could see the front door... with holes embedded in it.  As were the walls all around me I soon noticed thanks to that war that took place here. But that was all I could really see.  The door just barely there as well as the kitchen entrance but no more. I couldn't see the couches, TV, anything else since I was still too far back in the hall. But as I got closer, going as slow as I could, I heard more.