Chapter 30

Chapter 30

I stared at him with wide eyes and could feel my tense body refuse to move, the only exception being my chest from my hectic breath.  I... couldn't believe it.  That he came as quickly as he had.  It made me that much more thankful to have a man like him in my life.  Someone I can depend on, that would be anything for me... That was something I realized right then.  I knew he would die for me, he would suffer for me.  But I discovered at that moment the true extent of that.  That he would do anything for me.  Just for me.  It hurt me to think like that but it was something I needed to face.  Especially when looking at him now, the position he put himself in, as he stood on the other side of the door, holding a gun to my doctor's head.

A gust of relief hit me at seeing him, the love I had for him, my overwhelming release of panic now off my shoulders.  Well, not exactly all of my panic.  I was staring at a guy I cared very much about.  And a guy I would like to see not go to jail for what he was doing now.  Staring back into his hot and hatred filled eyes, the power in them ready to snap someone's neck, I knew exactly what must have happened.  He didn't come in with back up behind him like he would doing a job.  This clearly had to be a very impulsive thing, and very personal to him to get him to pull a gun out on them and demand my release.

I was frozen in shock while everything was spinning in circles in my head; I didn't have the voice to speak.  He however did.  Though there was very little light, I was able to see him well enough to make out his expression.  And his green eyes finally falling from mine to the doctor, that scowl and disgusted look still on his face.  "Open... the fucking door," he growled to him in a low voice, one so threatening I never heard him use before. 

Peterson didn't hesitate.  He looked just as frozen as I was, shocked, and scared shitless with his wide eyes and stiff body against the command of the gun's barrel against the side of his hand.  However, at hearing Luke's words, he was in action.  With Luke's hand resting tightly over his shoulder, his other hand pointing the gun to his head partially from behind, I watched the nearly hyperventilating doctor slowly move to take the card out of his pocket. And it was the most releasing sound today to hear the click of the door when he slid the card for access the next second.  A sound that echoed through my ears to the back of my head. 

The sound sent chills up my body and it sent me automatically in action by standing up from the bed after that startled sound.  Not because it was a limitless and loud sound to my ears, but because it made me extremely paranoid at this point.  What if someone heard?  What if they heard and knew what was happening in the building?  That Luke was trying to break me out - fucking break me out!  What excuse could he have?  None!  This would ruin him... it would ruin his life, what he was doing right now.

"Luke," I hissed at him, just as I watched him move closer towards the door, dragging Peterson. At hearing my voice, he didn't stop; I don't know if he could have. "You can't do this," I nearly whispered under my breaking voice when I watched him push Peterson forward more and into the door, forcing it open with the grip on him he had.  "You can't get me out this way! It will ruin your life.  You could go to prison."

"I wont," was all I heard from him in that rough and raspy voice, one soft and nearly unrecognizable at the same time from how incredibly low it was.  However, once the door was open, he stopped and meet my eyes.  The green diamonds that pierced mine... he might have sounded incredibly angry but his eyes showed hints of anxiousness.  For me.  That we needed to get out of here right now.  "We need to go.  Right now," he said in quick  voice and I wouldn't second guess him.  It was a mistake on his part and I knew it.  He couldn't give up what he was throwing away just to break me out.  He comes in here, guns out and ready, you can expect he will go to prison.  And that thought broke my heart more than the idea of the events of tomorrow morning doc had planned.  But I knew he wouldn't give in to any words I offered.  Like I said, he would give up anything for me that he could.