Chapter 34

Chapter 34

The next two days, when I woke, were some of the more memorable moments I've experienced waking up.  With a man lying there with me in bed to welcome me to a new day.  I get it sounds retarded folks, but just waking up with Luke next to me... affected how I felt for a good portion of the rest of the day.  I was more than happy to experience it when I woke up Sunday to the same, but never tiring, man with me.

The dim winter morning light was prying my eyelids open - the light that managed to sneak past the blinds and bars.  The heat caressed my face and it only made me that much more soothed and coaxed into wanting to go back to sleep.  But when I felt as if I was surrounded in a sea of a familiar scent I knew to be my home, I felt my lips tilt up instantly; then I couldn't fall back asleep when that known excitement filled me.  Luke... Luke was here with me.  I could smell him.  And after a moment more of consciousness, I realized I could feel him. 

I was laying on my side, I could tell with the more conscious I became.  But then I felt something more besides blankets circling me.  Strong arms were wrapped around me from behind me and I felt his chest was pressed into my back; he was spooning me.  At this point, I no longer desired any such form of sleep; not when I have this in my reality at the moment.

Opening my eyes, I felt my smile grow when my sight adjusted.  Facing the wall and closed off window, I also looked down and saw his arm that was draped over me held me to him lightly from where his arm slanted across my chest.  It felt so nice... to be tucked into his chest with his body a puzzle piece against mine.  My senses reaching me, I noticed his other hand rested above me on my pillow above our heads, holding my hand in his there.  A second of waking up later, I also noticed something that I wasn't sure why I didn't feel it before (maybe because it felt so natural).  His nose brushed right against the back of my neck, his soft breathing tickling my hairs there.  I moaned slightly at the wonderful feeling of it all. 

I instantly shifted back more and into his arms deeper, loving how surrounded I was - in him, my blankets, and in the warm feeling given from both.  Moving my head slightly once more, I glanced up above us to see our hands that were clasped together.  But from that movement, it made Luke - who I didn't realize was awake until a moment later - speak up in a soft fragile and tired voice.

"Are you awake?" His lips that spoke brushed against my hair since I moved back and closer to him more. 

My smile grew to a bright grin at waking up to that voice. As my answer, I turned over slowly in his arms that surrounded me. When I settled there and came to face him, my chest was now against his under the covers.  With how close he was before, his nose brushed mine slightly now as we faced each other.  His eyes lit up when they met mine, alive and ready for the day (even if we both weren't too excited over what this day was going to consist of).

"...Hi," I whispered, still blinking the sleep out of my eyes, clearing my vision and letting more of his mossy color pierce through me even more.  Taking a deep breath, I felt my body react to apparently laying on that same side for so long.  Raising my arms, I tensed my legs out and craned my body, stretching against him, making him cock a grin at me.  Eyes searching me, I felt him let out a small breath of amusement when I raised my arms up and wrapped them around his neck.  Moving closer, I bent my head lower until my cheek rested against the pillow where his shoulder was, tucking myself within him more.

His arms wrapped around my back, holding me there, I felt his soft breath turn into my music. We continued to just... lay there in silence.  It was so relaxing, and just... nothing.  It was so nice... It's not often you have the pleasure to have nothing going on, with me anyway.  Of course though, it was just for this short amount of time.  Of just me and him and nothing but this too comfortable bed we were wrapped in.  We weren't ready to face the day we knew would be filled with tension, like I said before.  But with knowing it was coming... 'nothing' couldn't exist forever.