Chapter 11

Chapter 11

It's been hours and I was still having the time of my life. Sure, call me twisted for the fact that this was technically preparing for what would have to be one of the worse days of my life. Sorry but I was having fun so deal with it.

Luke could see my excitement through the whole thing and though he was fine and having fun with me too... he saw this to be more of a serious manner and I could understand. First, he was feeling guilty. He didn't need to tell me this but it was clear for the fact that he was teaching me how to defend myself. As a cop, he knew it was wrong to show a teenage girl how to shoot a gun to defend himself when he knew well enough the other officers would not approve. As a human being, he knew it was crazy for the fact that I was just that: crazy.

He had numerous targets set up in the heated garage. Of course, since we were in a garage, it wasn't safe to do this with real hand guns or pistols. So instead, he had me use fake ones, more or less, with a smaller impact but that operated the same as a regular gun would for the most part. He showed me how to hold a gun, to aim, the steps needed to be taken before you fire.... Loading, the safety, and all that good stuff. He had me use these guns that were actually loaded for shooting at targets but wouldn't have the effect of a real gun. He managed to weigh them down to the same weight as his gun so I could get the same results if I was shooting a real gun. That's where it started to get fun.

"Don't over think it," he said from next to me in a professional voice after I missed the target by too many inches to be impressive. Groaning, I lowered the gun, and looked up to where he stood beside me. He glanced down to me, face blank, and eyes serious as he waited for me to say something.

"If I don't think about it, how will I even be able to manage a gun?"

"I said don't over think it. Just raise the gun, aim, and let the gun do the work for you," he said simply. I didn't like the was he was speaking to me, in a monotone voice.

"If I point this up your ass and fire, will it make you unwind a little bit?" I asked, pursing my lips at him in a small smirk.

His blank face finally broke. Turning towards me more, head dipped to stare straight into my eyes, his lips tilted up slightly. "You know this is serious," he said.

"I know it is. You're just a bad teacher," I murmured, turning back towards the target with the gun. Raising it after cocking it, I aimed it again towards the target and when I lined it up perfectly with the bull's-eye, I shot it. The gun kicking back slightly, a moment later, I moved it back to my side and groaned when I saw just how far off I was again.

"I don't get it," I growled. "I'm not doing anything wrong."

"You are very tense and like I said, you're over-thinking it," he said, making me sigh. I glanced up at him. He frowned and as I watched him, he rolled his eyes. "Trust me," he said and reaching his arm out from his side, he placed his fingers gently on my tense shoulder. "Take a deep breath, and relax you body."

With his hand - just his hand on my shoulder - it seemed to help as I did what he said. The energy I was holding on to trying to hit it perfectly, I let it go as he said. Sure, I didn't want to do what he said but I knew he was right. With a tense body, things could go wrong. I'm sure sex would be less enjoyable if you were tense.

When he could feel me relax through just his hand on my shoulder, he dropped his hand and nodded silently. He went on. "Good. Now, just aim and shoot. It's that simple. Don't spend all your time making sure it's lined up. Just when it's there, shoot."

I wasn't really sure what he meant at first. I mean, it's your job to do the work, to fire the weapon. How could you go about it so easily? Of course though, I had to accept that I wasn't the cop here and he knew what he was doing. Hoping he was right somehow, I did as he said. I raised the gun between my hands until it was even with my sight towards the target. This time though, I didn't spend as much time lining it all up. I just aimed and I didn't hesitate. I just fired.