"I'm sorry Riley but I just got a late start this morning... Look I'll meet you at your locker." Maya said making Riley sigh.

"Okay, Peaches. See you later then." And with that Maya had bought herself some time before she had to leave. She didn't want to be walking before the sun came up.

About an hour later Maya was waking into the school and heading towards Riley's locker, just like she promised.

"Hey guys." Maya said as she saw Riley, Farkle and Lucas standing around Riley's locker.

"Hey Maya! You coming to family dinner tonight? Uncle Josh we'll be there." Riley said as she smirked at Maya.

Normally this would be something that Maya would get excited over, but after what happened the thought of her being physically close with a man made her sick. Even if that guy was Joshua Matthews.

"Yeah. My mom and I will be there." She said deciding on not even addressing the whole "Josh" thing. Riley smiled.

"Why can't we come?" Farkle asked making Lucas throw his arm around his best friend.

"Because that would be called intruding." Lucas said.

"We're just as much Riley's family as Maya is. I don't see why we can't come." Farkle complained making Maya chuckle.

"Common buddy. Let's go have a talk." Lucas said as he pulled Farkle away from the girls.

"Maya you've been acting strange all week. Is there something you're not telling me?" She asked whole cornering Maya. Maya shrugged.

"You know I'd tell you if there was." Maya said making Riley give her a half smile.

"I just want to know that you're okay." She told Maya while putting a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm fine, Riley. Really." Lie. She want fine. She was anything but fine. Riley smiled and nodded her head.

"Okay. Then let's get to class before my dad has a fit about is being late again." Riley said while rolling her eyes.
~
'You can do this Maya. Smile, laugh and keep nodding you head. Don't give them a reason to think something's wrong.' Maya kept telling herself this over and over again. She was heading the the Matthews home for the first time since that night. There was a reason she stayed away from the Matthews for so long. Mainly because Maya was a well known lawyer in New York. So she knows how a rape victim acts, and she didn't want to risk her picking up on the clues that Maya would unintentionally give out.

The second reason was simply complicated... Joshua Matthews. Everyone expected Maya to be crazy over Josh just like she was, but now... Maya couldn't stand the thought of being in a relationship. She knew josh would never hurt her, but she never wanted to take the risk. And now she had to pretend that everything was okay and that she is still crazy over Josh. The truth? She had to figure out a way to do it without getting near and touching him, that was going to be a challenge.

"Maya? Wow it's been a week since you've been here! I was wondering if you bumped your head and forgot the way." Topanga teased her as she watched Maya come through the door.

"I wander what brought her back." Auggie said rolling his eyes as he glanced at Josh who was sitting across from him at the table. Josh chuckled before turning to Maya and giving her a nod. Maya took a deep breath before putting on a fake smile.

"Now Josh you're going to have to do better than that. What are we going to tell our kids when they ask our story?" Maya teased as she walked up to the table and sat down in between Riley and Josh.

"They'll have to come to their cousin Riley to get the real story instead of hearing it the way you two want to tell it." Riley said making Josh widen his eyes and look at her.