JailBird

JUICES POV

Unser came back into the room alone. Yet I didn't look up. My gaze was too focused on the scan image that was held  cautiously yet gently between my fingers.

I had a kid. A little boy.

"She asked not to tell anyone. Guess she wants to tell her family herself" unser exclaimed. I nodded understanding.

"When can I post bail?" I asked gently as the cool metal cuffs were removed from my wrists.

"Tomorrow. We've got to re-open the case and go through evidence. I'm gonna take the case myself. Get all the evidence whilst the case is being confirmed and she should be okay to leave. Im sure it will come back as self defence. If it doesn't she will have to do a couple months inside. It wouldnt be as serious as if it was recent" he explained. Under must have saw my face drop as he continued to explain.

"I'm pretty sure it will come back as self defence. I dont think she would lie about this. I'll take her to St Thomas around noon. If you wanna go with her" he added as he lead me out of the room.

"Thank you Wayne... Just dont. Don't leave on her own with nothing to do for too long. She will be a mess. Telling us is gonna make the feelings come back .... Have her.. Clean or draw or something... Please" I spoke gently.

BAILEY'S POV.

I sat staring at the wall.  The sound of boots hitting the floor heavily filled my ears.

"You hungry?" A deep male voice asked.

I looked up. Tears clouding my vision but it was hale. A regretful look on his face. I shook my head, no.

"Can I just have my pack of smokes and something to do? A guitar or something to draw on or something?" I asked my voice cracking. Hale nodded and reached into his pocket and pulling out my cigarettes and a pack of markers. He handed them to me as I studied his face.

"You were our paper boy" I smiled sweetly at him. He smiled slightly back and nodded.

"I'm sorry it happened to you Bailey. I didn't know. Thats why I was harsh." He defended himself. I nodded understandingly. "You gonna tell me why you're covered in bruises?" He asked. I shook my head, no. "Domestic? I can file a report?" He attempted to be nice.

"No. Its not like that... Just drunken sex" i half laughed.

Hale looked shocked and walked away. I lit my cigarette and pulled the cap off the black maker Hale had given me. I began drawing on the cream prison wall. Cigarette hanging between my lips, tear stains on my face and I just drew. For hours waiting to go to St Thomas to prove I didn't do shit.

I'm sorry its been so long. Been up to my eyeballs in college work. I will try to update a few shorter parts a week. Please vote and comment. Even message me for a chat if you like

- Bloody Inspired