Chapter Nine: Werewolf

Magsimula sa umpisa

Faerie’s whore.

A smile crept onto my face as I snorted. Drake looked at me with a arched eye brow as I snorted and laughed.

“Uhm, did something in her brain break?” Daisy asked as Unicorn boy made a muffled sound in wonder, I suppose while I fell on my back, laughing as loud as I could. My stomach muscles crunched up before my body finally relaxed and I stared up at the sky with the grey clouds rolling above us.

“That’s a new one,” I said out loud. Drake looked down at me.

“What’s new?”

“Faerie whore, that’s a new nickname,” I explained as I sat up. “I just find it funny for some reason.”

Drake stared at me with his perfect mask on before he coughed and said, “Hmm, not exactly new.”

Daisy gave a nervous squeak as I heard Unicorn boy get up and take a few steps back before I asked, “Not new? How come? I’ve had Scarface, freak, ugly, bitch...but never faerie whore.”

“Ah yes, I made sure you’ve never heard it,” Drake explained as he cleared his throat again, “When some of the other women in my court heard of our engagement...” Daisy choked out a surprised gasp before she looked at me, waiting for an explanation. “Became rather unhappy.”

I snorted. “If it was up to me they could have you!”

Drake frowned. “Most women find me very appealing as a mate!” I looked up and down Drake’s body. Drake stood tall and looked as if he were made of nothing, but muscle, so I could see the physical attraction at the most...but....

“Fix the personality and then I’d be good,” I added with a smile as Drake stared at me and then shook his head.

_____

“Abe,” I whispered as I went into the restaurant that night after a long hot shower, “we got to talk.” The vampire looked up from his table as Ari sang into the microphone and Drake glared at me from the other side of the gate. Abe smiled and patted to the seat next to me without anyone noticing, especially Drake which was a good thing for me. How do you explain to your faerie protector, who despises vampires more than werewolves do, that you’re in a sort of in a business deal with a vampire?

I slid next to him as he snapped his fingers and a waiter came before giving me a glass of wine. Deciding against pissing him off by offending him, it’s not like a immortal vampire understood the fact that I was underage when girls my age were married when he was human, I let my lips touch the wine and felt myself wince. I hated alcohol for a few good reasons like it makes a person relax (not a good thing when you can see monsters that eat humans), stupid (hence scars and dead people), and sick, but I did understand weed. If I ever got a chance, I’d smoke weed in a heartbeat.

“Yes, my dear prince?” Abe asked as I scowled.

“Don’t call me that,” I told him, “I nearly got killed today by a werewolf.”

Abe tilted his head slightly before he said, “Oh that’s why you smell like a wet dog. I thought it might’ve had something to do with the faerie who is glaring at me right now.”

“He saved me,” I told him, “so, I was wondering, do the werewolves know about me?”

Abe frowned as his jaw stiffened. “Now that would be awful.”

No shit.

“He called me a vampire whore,” I said, “which I must admit is a new one for me.”

“Someone from my realm has disappeared,” Abe said as he stared down at the group around us. Drake didn’t flinch like others had as he stared down at Abe like he was nothing in comparison. “It wouldn’t be farfetched for a wolf to have taken her, she was brand new. She probably sang like a black bird for them if they promised her to keep her life.”