Chapter Nine: Werewolf

I've been wondering... what did you guys think of the almost kiss with Drake and Matty? I say almost because it always happens when neither of them kind of fall into a certain quiet where the real world can't jump in and destroy it, but in the end it does. 

I know for some writers they like the relationship to just be where two characters meet and they fall in love magically through the course of two or three chapters. Nope, not me. I like the building of tension that and we all know that Matty is completely clueless when it comes to anything more then friendship. Matty has never been in love, remember that so she's not real sure how everything is supposed to be. She had a crush on Cooper. Crushes and loves are completely different. 

That and we both know that as protector Drake follows his orders from the queen first. Drake has been in love and knows what he feels very well. Drake isn't going to act on his feelings. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Nine: Werewolf 

Blood poured down my lips.

I stared up at the blue sky as I tried not to reveal how much pain I felt while my attacker stood over me, getting ready to attack me. God dammit, this was not what I needed, but I grabbed a hold of the guy’s leg when I realized that the guy was human. “Stupid bitch!” He yelled as I tightened my hold. My lip split up already and I was not going to get kicked in the gut. “Vampire slut!”

Oh, that’s a new one.

He reached over and grabbed me by the hair to pull me to my feet. I screamed as his other hand reached out for me, but I bit him hard. Tasting blood in my mouth, I clung to him as he started to scream. He let me go and I stumbled onto the ground as I spat the blood out and wiped my face.

He threw me again as I felt something rip and more cuts on my hands as I slid against the concrete. I kicked him hard in the shin as he cursed at me.

“Dude, I am warning you, I am in a bad mood and I don’t want to put up with dumb people like you!” I yelled as I got up and gave him a swift kick in the stomach. He made a weird growling noise as he swung his hand at me, but I took a quick step back, barely missing his hairy arm and sharp claws.

What the hell?His eyes turned yellow as he howled at me.

I ducked and punched him in the stomach. He made a ooofffff sound when he hit the ground, but he quickly got back on his feet and lunge at me. I moved back, but felt blood drip down my cheek.

Too bad that the guy never got a chance to say anything else because a silver thread wrapped around his neck and snap! Blood spilled over me when the head fell to the ground and the body fell on me. Drake kicked it off of me and picked me up from under my arm pits and put me on my feet before I felt Drake’s warm glamour slip over my skin like clothing. He ran his fingers through my hair; I guess so the blood wouldn’t cause my hair to clump together. He leaned over the body and took a whiff before he stuffed his hands into the dead man’s pocket, but turned up nothing.

“This man was a werewolf, most likely,” Drake said as his nose scrunched up a bit. Oh great, a werewolf. A freaking werewolf. Drake looked at me as he said, “You look surprised.”

“Werewolves are a little new for me,” I admitted, “I deal with faeries, usually.”

Drake nodded as he said, “You need a shower.”

Unicorn boy leaned down and leaned down. “Werewolf. Bitten.”

“Bitten?” I asked the faeries as Daisy nose twitched as she made a face. “Some werewolves are created when a werewolf who was born with the power to transform bite another person,” Drake explained. “Explains why this man acted insanely. Usually, the humans who are bitten can’t handle it and act strangely as this man. He must have smelled the dead man-Abe, was it?-on you and lost it.”