Chapter One: Scars

I'm sorry, but I literally finished finals and finals in college SUCK! 

So...yeah, I had to study my ass off. 

I WILL update next monday. I know I don't deserve much on votes or attention after the lack of a update. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One: 

Scars 

“Have I entered into an alternate world?” Drake asked as I put my suitcase on my childhood bed and opened the window to let in the hot summer air that let in the smells of the Ocean City like French fries, sea salt, fish, crabs, and salt taffy. Drake flew off my shoulder and flew around the clean room that belonged to me as a child.

Everything remained untouched with my ridiculous pink comforters that I loved as a child with the stuffed animals in the center and a bookself on the right side of the wall next to the large window. The wardrobe sat on the opposite side of the wall where all my clothes sat with a few pictures of faeries that I kept secret. The bookself looked rather empty with only a few overused fairytales that I haven’t touched in years thanks to my scars that made me see the world of Faeries like Drake, Daisy, and Unicorn boy, who all sat in my room, looking out of place.

“I only live here three months out of the year,” I told him, “and my mom likes to keep my room clean.” I go to a private boarding school for the school year and I barely passed all of my exams my freshmen year.

“And frozen in time,” Drake said.

I shrugged as I pulled out my camera and looked at Daisy through the lens. “Daisy, look at me.”

Daisy looked like something out of a fairytale since she was about the size of a pencil with pretty long brown hair that went to her bottom. She usually had frozen tears-don’t ask, it’s a faerie thing-or flowers laced into her hair with a pretty blue crown on the top of her hair. She had these pretty blue wings that bloomed from her back like flowers. Since she came into the Human world about a few months ago after we saved her from the Nightmare Court, she started obsessing over human fashion, so she wore multiple of dresses and outfits that she made herself. Today, she stuck with a show strapless yellow dress that flared out at the bottom.

She spun for me and I snapped a picture of her. “Have you lived in this place for long? It’s so pretty and now I finally get to talk to those mermaids and see how they use pearls in their hair. Oh and I can finally try wearing one of those suits that humans wear to swim! And the food! The air here smells like food and life and laughter! Can’t you just hear it? Maybe I can see Cooper again-”

“DAISY!” Drake and I both yelled as the little faerie stopped talking and glared at us with her hands on her hips. Unicorn boy, a former servant of the Nightmare court who helped Cooper and I escape, shook his head. Unicorn boy barely talked as it is, but he looked at Daisy and smiled like she was a star to him.

“How rude,” she muttered as she crossed her arms over her chest.

“You do have a point, however,” Drake said as he tilted his head back a little and stared at me and then her, “we do need to go through the faeries around here.”

I rolled my eyes; Drake was the kind of paranoia because he was my protector from the Lunae Lux court. He’d been watching me for a few months now and he brought more trouble than it was worth, but Drake was about as stubborn as I was and he wouldn’t leave me alone.

I wondered if I should mention the vampires that lived around here. Nah, that might not turn out well.

“We can do that tonight since I want to go out to the amusement part that’s at the end of the boardwalk,” I said as I pulled out my favorite ripped jeans and Guns & Roses t-shirt that was baggy against me and didn’t reveal my scars to the world.