Chapter 17: Tobias and Tris

Tobias's POV

-----------------

The train stopped.

"Wait you actually stop to get off the train?" I asked, my face tightening.

"Yea, we are normal. Unlike you." Katniss teased.

Normal? How could this be normal? What a waste of time waiting for people to get on and off. They must wait like 15 minutes. I'm sorry but the dauntless wait for no one.

Stepping off I realized that life here must be boring. One of my favorite parts of the day is jumping off the train.

Looking around I saw 3 things. Fatigue, hunger, and coal.

"Is it always like this here?" I asked.

"Yeah pretty much everyone starves unless you live in victors village or in the Capitol."

"That's so wrong." Tris said with the same look in her eyes as when she found out the erudite were going to destroy the abnegation.

"It was fine until Marcus came. He brought the old ways back." Katniss sadly smiled.

Anger raged through me, they went through an uprising like us, worked as hard as us, and then my daemon father comes and decides he's going to throw that away and make these people suffer?

"That fucking son of a bitch." I muttered under my breath.

Tris whispered as she rubbed my back, "Don't use that language. It's okay we will fix this. Calm down."

Tris's POV

-------------

I rubbed his muscular, toned, perfect back while reassuring him. One of his biggest fears is killing or torturing innocent people. Having be the father that he despises, that's exactly what Marcus did. It just makes him so angry. He doesn't want other people to feel his pain.

I have to admit, before I met him I thought Marcus was a good guy and he could've never abused his son, as the erudite said. But I was wrong, and it killed me to see him at that moment, showing me that in fact, it was true through his fear landscape.

I remember him telling me that the last fear is always the worst. Then when Marcus came out, fear pooled through his eyes. I was scared because I had never seen him scared before. To stop this, I took the beating and we were brought back to the landscape room as he hugged me. After that we went to the river, sat on a rock, and he kissed me. That was the happiest moment of my life. And also the most scarring of my life.

I was determined to kill him until I had to team up to destroy the erudite. But now that the uprising is over, he is useless, and I don't give a dog's ass if he dies. In fact, I am determined to make him die. He deserves it after all, who knows, if four didn't leave, because he was having second guesses, he might be dead by now.

And it would be dreadful for me to attend a funeral for the boy who was killed by his own father.