Chapter 11: Katniss and Tris

Katniss's POV

"So are you excited?" I asked Tris, for this is her first baby.

"Yea." she answered looking down.

"You're nervous about who the father is aren't you?" I asked with deep concern.

I mean I was happy for Tris, but I REALLY REALLY do not want Peeta to be the father of another woman's kids.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked Tris, "Who are you hoping the father of your child is?"

"Will you be mad at the way I answer?"

"Maybe" I chuckled.

"I want Tobias to be the father honestly. I didn't really want to this, but I did it for Tobias so I kind of want him to be the dad. Plus, he will probably be devastated if Peeta is the father. Don't get me wrong, he likes Peeta, he's a great guy, but then Peeta would be living his dream."

"I understand." I nodded, "You know I didn't even want kids? but after I gave in, I realized they are the best thing that ever happened to me. I know you will like them Tris, I know you will be happy."

"Thanks." She said, "Plus you would probably hate me if it was Peeta."

She was right, I probably would.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Tris's POV

Katniss seemed so calm about this whole baby thing.

I mean I might be carrying a child who's dad is her husband!

Honestly, I did in fact want Tobias to be the father of my child.

Peeta is an amazing guy and I do have feelings for him but there are several reasons why it would be wrong.

Katniss: That's her husband and the father of her children! That would be so wrong and would create problems in her family.

Tobias: It's been his dream to be a father. If he looses his chance he will be devastated and that will create problems in our marriage.

Peeta: He may feel torn between which kid he should live with/be loyal to. This may turn our friendship to something else.

Me: I DON'T WANT TO HURT ANYONE! and if Peeta is the dad, it will hurt everyone, even me. I want my child to love a perfect life. I want them to be the happiest they could be. I want to do it for mom, dad, and Caleb, they would want a happy child.

Tobias has to be the dad.