{25} The Prince and The Bakers Daughter ~ Rantaro Amami x Fem! Reader

Start from the beginning

"I need 10 dozen of the matcha macaroons for tonight for a party that I'm attending. I hope it's not too much. I don't have the money now, but can I pay you later?" He requested as you looked at him with a neutral look.

"Um of course. I will have those ready for you by tonight!! I just need your name the location of delivery before you go?!?" You shouted to the boy before he walked completely out of your mother's bakery.

"Everyone calls me Ran and the location is the castle. I recommend wearing a ball gown. The prince might like that on a beautiful girl like you." He stared as he walked out of your mother's bakery and the bell on top of the door rung once more signaling that he left.

"H-he works for the prince........" You stated dumbfounded as you stood in your place and just stared at the door for a few minutes before getting to work on the 60 macaroons that the boy requested for the party for that night.

---

"I'm (Y/n) (Y/Ln) from (mothers name)'s bakery to deliver the 10 dozen of matcha flavored macaroons that a supposed servant if the castle ordered for tonight's events. He also gave me this invite to the party if you need that as well." You introduced yourself as the maid seemed a mix of happy and neutral at the door.

"Ah you're the girl Prince Amami was excited to meet. I'm his maid, Kirumi Tojo. He requested you leave them on the table over there and then I take you to the music room just down the hall." She introduced herself as you walked in and set the boxes on the table and proceeded to follow Kirumi.

"Um, why does he want me there? Why not in the ballroom?" You questioned her as you kept following her down the castle's halls.

"There's someone he wants you to meet before he meets you. I'm only doing what I was told." She responded as you stopped shortly in front of a picture in the hallway of the royal family that caught your attention, but you quickly caught up with Kirumi in the end.

"We're here, if there's anyone playing in there they will understand why you are here." She said as you were about to question her about the picture, buy she left before you could even notice she had walked away.

'Well....here goes nothing....' You thought to yourself as you pushed the door to the music room open and noticed a violet haired boy sitting at the piano plating a familiar tune.

"Anata no kimochi ga mienai
Nozomu hodo kurushiku naru
Sore de mo kirai ni narenai"

You sang the lyrics to the familiar tune just loud enough for the two of you to hear until he stopped playing the piano and turned to face you.

"(Y/n)??? Is that you??!?" He exclaimed as your eyes went wide.

"O-ouma?!?" You stated in shock as he got up from his seat and ran over to you.

"You're the girl my step brother was talking about earlier then?!? Who would've knew that I'd be able to reunite with my childhood friend after all of these years." He spoke as you walked over to him and shared a short hug with him.

"S-same.....I thought you left the country." You stated as he gave you a wide smile.

"Nope!! But that's what I had to tell everyone at the time since my mother didn't want anyone knowing she was courting with the king. Its apparently not 'appreciated' to be an extremely poor commoner and to fall in love with an extremely rich, person of nobility, and not to mention a very handsome king. He's like 10 times better than my father was before he left my mom. Honestly he's the best thing that's happened to the both of us in a very long time." Ouma spoke to you as he directed you to a small couch behind the piano.