{31} The Seal Lullaby ~ Prince! Shuichi Saihara x Mermaid! Fem! Reader

Hello everyone! Sorry for the long and unannounced absence again. I've been busy studying for finals and exams these past few weeks that I've been gone so I'm sorry about that.

Today's story is based off of one of my favorite songs that we are singing in my choir this year. The song is called “The Seal Lullaby” by Eric Whitacre and even though it doesn't tie in very well with mermaids, I came up with a really pretty story to go with this song for everyone to enjoy this weekend. Please listen to the song as you read the story, even if it doesn't necessarily match with the plot of the story, I believe it has a beautiful meaning and it is beautifully put together.

The song mentioned in today's story can be found here:

Enjoy ~ <3

Started & Published: April 27,2018

~~~~~~~~

“Oh hush thee, my baby
the night is behind us,
and black are the waters that sparkled
so green”

(Y/n) (L/n) sang to her boyfriend as she slowly moved her (f/c) colored tail in the water below then.

She always meets her boyfriend, Shuichi Saihara, late at night at her favorite rock near the shore of his castle to share what had happened to her during the course of her day and he would share what had happened in the castle during the time that they spent apart from each other everyday.

As much as (Y/n) wanted to be with Saihara for the rest of her life, there was no possible way for her to do so without giving up her tail, leaving her family behind, and her title as princess of the southern sea. She couldn't picture her life without any of those things, even if she wanted to unite the merfolk and the human world together.

“Saihara, you know it's been almost two years since you asked me to be your princess, but i can't bare the thought of leaving the sea for the rest of my life and not being able to see my family anymore. It's my home after all.” the young mermaid spoke up after she had fully completed the song that she presented to her prince that night.

“We'll figure it out somehow, I know we can. I'm just not sure how to help…..” He spoke up as the mermaid outstretched her decorated hand to touch his cheek softly.

“My mother always told me to look to the moon for help when you are in a bind. She said that as a child she would look up to the moon and ask it any questions that were bothering her and she would usually find an answer to them within a few days. Maybe that's what we need to try?” Sh suggested as the prince nodded in agreement.

“I think that's a wonderful idea. Maybe the moon will help us. Hopefully you are right this time.” He giggled as the mermaid splashed some water on him out of pure annoyance.

“How dare you insult me. Your the one that's always wrong!” (Y/n) stated firmly as Saihara continued to giggle at her childish behavior.

“I was only joking. I have fairy you'll find the answer you're looking for. It's getting late however so I must go. I'll see you tomorrow night my princess.” Saihara states as he reached out for the mermaids face and shared a soft kiss with her before he went inside for the night.

“I hope your right, Saihara-kun.”

---

A few days had passed since the night that she had proposed to seek the moon for an answer and it seemed as if she had faced the reality that she could not bare, to forge her tail for a pair of human legs. With some help from her father, she successfully managed to acquire a pair of human legs so she could be with Saihara. However what she didn't know was that the human world was so much different from the merfolk world.

---

“Ah that color looks absolutely stunning on you Princess. The prince will be pleased to see you in this dress.” The maid that helped her get dressed announced as she slipped on the pair of black heels that were laid out by the door for her.

“I hope he does as well. I put some much time into this dress for him. I have faith he will love it.” The princess replied as the nail quickly walked over to the door to open it for her.

“Ah he will princess. You have my word.” The maid stated as (Y/n) made her way out of her room in the castle and towards the garden to where she and Saihara had planned a special date with one another.

Soon the young mermaid made it to the garden, and there sat here prince looking at her with the most beautiful look she had ever seen on his face.

“You look absolutely stunning in your dress today. Did you make it yourself?” He stood up and proclaimed as he walked over to the princess to escort her over to the tea table that had been set up for them for their date that afternoon.

“Yes I did. I know you like black and green and the colors reminded me of the day I left the see. The sky was black and the sea was green. Its as if it knew I was leaving and it cried for me.” (Y/n) answered as she locked her hand with Saihara’s open one.

“You shouldn't remind yourself of the sea that way. Your father said you can come back any time you are feeling homesick. Think of the way the sea sparkled under the moon on the nights we met one another and how your tail calmly swayed in the ocean below my feet.” Saihara proposed as (Y/n) grabbed the rest of his arm and rested her head on his shoulder.

“Those were good memories associated with the colors of my dress now that you mention it. I know I'm not homesick, I'm just not sure why I think that way..” The princess trailed off as the prince changed direction from walking towards the tea table to walking down another path in the garden that (Y/n) had never been down yet.

“Maybe because it's where you always lived. If you want I can try to make the castle more mermaid friendly for you. Would that help?” Saihara asked her as she breathed out lightly.

“A calm sleep in the water again wouldn't be so bad. Are you sure you can do that for me?” (Y/n) asked Saihara as he nodded in agreement.

“Of course I can. I'll do anything to make my princess happy.” He looked down at her with loving eyes as she removed her head from his shoulder and gave him the same loving eyed look.

“I'd love that then, just like I love you.”

~~~~~~~~

So how was that? I know its short, but it's also sweet as well. Please let me know how I did on this and if you want to see more Royal AUs from me. I'd be more than happy to write them for you since writing fairy tales and soft choir music makes me feel extremely calm after a long week of stress and studies.

The photo used in the media can be found here: | リカ@通販中 #pixiv https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?illust_id=64836140&mode=medium

Hope you enjoyed this story!

Until the next update, Ja Nae. ~