86.

Cristiano's POV

I sat there, staring at the video of this idiot signing his death certificate again at the police station. If it was up to me, I would just find him and kill him, but Jorge wanted the police to handle this.
"Do you want to spend the rest of your life in jail, and miss your sons growing up?"
I don't know how he always manages to calm me down, even though my eyes were still glued to the image of my girlfriend, and the mother of my son, was being harmed by someone. It broke my heart into a million pieces to see her like that. I should be there, protecting her! God it's all my fault! If I hadn't worked out so much and went over my limits I would have been there to protect her. It's all my fault. I started questioning myself, when I received another message from Elena's kidnapper, this time, he had her tied up to a chair. I could just feel her desperation as she tried her hardest to set herself free. I have to find her, I don't know what I'm gonna do without her. As we were watching the new video, André walked in, Sanya walking in behind him, holding onto his hand. I guess they found out through Jorge or someone from my family.

I was glad that they were there with me, to help find Elena. They are like my family, and I know they wish Elena and I only the best. I was too broken to tell them about it, so Jorge filled them in on what was going on.
"Don't worry Cris, we are gonna find her. Trust me."
André said and Sanya nodded, slightly tearing up when she saw the videos of Elena being hurt and tied up. She couldn't figure out who would do such a thing to such an amazing person. One of the police officers walked in, with a file of papers, containing all the known places people were taken once they were kidnapped in the past, and other possible places she could be in. Everyone took out a picture, after we convinced the officers that we can help. It was a couple of pictures, before we saw one that could potentially be the place. My heart heaped, and I thought it was going to be over soon. If have my love back in my life, and I can finally hug her. It's been a long night.

A police car was dispatched to the area, and the waiting game could begin. We all tapped the ground with our feet, just silently praying to God we were right about the picture. In about an hour or so, which felt more like it was forever than an hour, but alright, the officers were back. I jumped out of my seat and rushed over to them, but they just shook their heads, signaling that was not the place. My heart dropped. I couldn't breathe. After all this time, we still couldn't find her. We fought for few days to figure stuff out. I stood at Andrés' crib, looking down at him as he was wiggling around, trying to catch the spinning toy ducks above him. He misses her just as much as we do, I can tell. At times, he cries for around two hours, non stop, and not even I can calm him down. No change in the situation is slowly driving me crazy. No matter what we do, we are lacking in progress. The person who took her hasn't texted me at all yet and the two times he texted me were from different numbers.

And when the police officers checked the numbers to try and find their whereabouts, it came back negative, meaning they either turned them off, or destroyed them. I was hoping it's the first one, and that they will turn them on soon, and we will be able to catch them. But Jorge told me they found the phones in a trash can near the beach, and that an order was sent to look through the area in hopes that one of the houses was where they had her.
"The place we picked out from the pictures was a known serial killers basement, but he is in custody don't get alarmed. Because it's a basement, they believe it's possible she is being held in a similar one."
He told me, calming me down a little. We at least had an area, and a possible place. None of the informations about the progress of the investigation were out, only that she is suspected missing because of the police officers in front of my house that day. Her family hopefully doesn't know yet, at least I think they don't, because they didn't call. Maybe the news hasn't come to their country yet, or the news think it's not important news.

We continue doing our best to find her the next few days, summing it up to her being missing for a full week, and just as I thought that we will be able to find her, I got a call that froze my blood and caused me to drop to my knees. Jorge asked me to sit down first, but I insisted he tell me, lying I was sitting. I had just walked into my house from practice, and I didn't have time to walk over to the living room. If they found her, I needed to know, so that I can immediately rush over to hug her. So I stayed in the hallway, waiting for his reply.
"Cristiano, Ben and Andrew applied to help, and searched one of the basements. They found a dead body Cris, a dead female body. Her face is burned beyond recognition, but from the type of body shape, it could potentially be..."
He choked up, unable to say her name. But I stopped listening after the words 'dead body' left his mouth. My vision was blurry, as tears began to fill my eyes. I couldn't listen anymore. I dropped the phone and my knees met the ground. She can't be dead! We have so much to do in life. That ring in the drawer should end up on her finger. Our sons need our help to be taken down the right path. I could use her help with that, her understanding and caring soul. 'What am I supposed to do with that ring now?' I thought as I looked at it, in its box, sitting on our bed. This can't be true. It can't! Jorge will call me when they transfer the body to the police morgue, to do the identification. I need to know it's not her, so I can breathe again.

---***---
I hope you like the story so far. Let me know what you think in the comments. If you can I'd appreciate leaving the comments while reading, whenever you want, on whatever paragraph, or in the end. Love you guys so much. This chapter is dedicated to zionxander . Thanks for your support girl, I appreciate it so much. ❤❤

Stay beautiful 💋❤