45.

Elena's POV

I slowly open my eyes and find myself in a white room, all alone with a bag of, to me, unknown fluid tracing its way down a long, thin tube to my arm. It didn't take me a long time to figure out I was in the hospital. Events of the day ran through my brain. How could Cristiano do that, what was his motive? Is Noah alright? Oh God, what if they take Cristiano to jail? I wouldn't be able to handle that. My hand went to my stomach as a tear slid from my eye. I prayed you were alright, little one. The only thing keeping me sane in this situation.
"Oh my God, Elena, are you ok?"
Katia came in, after seeing I was awake through the small window on the door. The first thing I asked her was if my baby was ok. A sigh left my lips as she told me everything was alright with the baby. But when she said Cristiano was at the police station, my body automatically jumped up.
"Wait, what are you doing? You should be resting."
Katia was taken by surprise, and no matter what argument I used to justify I just had to be with him, nothing worked, I had to agree to stay in bed. Well, I agreed in the moment. Once she left to find the doctor and tell him I was concious, it was my time. In the cupboard I found a bandage and put it on my arm after I removed the needle. I felt like I was in a movie because I took a white coat and proceeded to make my way out of the hospital.
"Elena?"
I stopped in my tracks, knowing that was directed to me, regardless if there were other girls named Elena. But it wasn't Katia, the voice was male.  Jorge?
"What are you doing out here?"
The look on his face once I turned around was a mix of confusion and worry. In my head I cursed myself, why did I stop? I should have just continued walking. But no, I had to be respectful, and stop.

"Jorge, you have to help me. I have to go to the police. I need to be with Cristiano. Please."
I hoped he would help me, but he said he would do it only if the doctor tells me I'm healthy enough. I continue protesting, but he cuts me off.
"Are you even thinking about your unborn child? You are willing to risk its health to go over to the police station and be told you can't see him?"
I kept thinking about running until I heard him say that. Cris and I are dating for three years now and regardless of the fact we were not married, we were both thrilled to have a baby. Jorge was right, I couldn't just risk my baby's life. I agreed to follow Jorge to the doctors office.

"Are you out of your mind?!"
A worried and frightened Katia said as soon as she saw me approaching her and the doctor, standing in front of his office. Jorge calmed her down as I explained to the doctor I really only want to see my boyfriend as soon as possible. Even if he didn't agree with my actions, he gave me the all clear and I was on my way to the station. Once we approached the police station, I saw Cristiano coming down the stairs. I ran into his arms and hugged him so tightly, like he could disappear in any second.
"Are you alright? What happened?"
I asked him and he told me about Noah disrespecting me and calling me names, and that he just snapped at him. He also said the police heard Noah was fine and had settled for a financial agreement. I was glad Cristiano was not gonna have to spend time in jail. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his hands on my belly on the ride home.
"I'm so sorry the first you felt upon coming back home was worry. I guess I overreacted."
He started, and it was partially true, but I reassured him I was happy he was ok and Noah was too. I planned to visit him tomorrow. It was confusing to me why he settled for money and didn't want to press charges. Did he have some hidden motives or did he actually come to his senses? Coming into the driveway of our house, after paying the taxi driver, we encounter a new surprise...

---***---
Hey, I hope you like the story so far. What do you wonder happens next? Let me know in the comments below 😁

Stay beautiful 💗💋