63.

Elena's POV

I could tell they were worried about what I was going to tell them. I think they probably felt like I was gonna tell them that they would never see the baby, but it only made me want to laugh, how quickly Cristiano forgot that we agreed he would be there when the baby is due. It warmed my heart for a moment that they actually cared about what I had to say, but than I saw the images in front of my face again and the warmth stopped. But the little arms around my belly made me smile, so I ruffled Junior's hair and spoke up. And it brought huge smiles on their faces. Dolores thanked me for sharing the information. I could see how happy Cris was by the look in his eyes. He knew the gender of his child now and it made him happy. That made me happy. No, Elena, stay strong.

Cristiano's POV

"You don't need to thank me for that. It was your right to know."
Elena said, placing her hand on my mother's hand. Than she looked at me, and I just wanted to run over to her and hug her, kiss her. Elena had just told us she was carrying a baby boy. Another son, but what ever the gender is, it only matters that it's healthy. It just made me love her even more. No matter how mad she is at me and how hurt she is, she still didn't hide that info from me. After my mother left, Elena and I tucked in Junior. He wanted just Elena to do it, but in her condition, she couldn't exactly bend enough to reach the small bed, so we did it together. And that left us with having to figure out where each of us was going to sleep. Well, I suggested she slept in the bedroom and I would take the living room or the guest room, but she protested and decided she was going to sleep in the guest room. Nothing is said managed to change her mind. The stubborn Taurus she is came out, and I had to agree.

It's the weirdest feeling ever, being in the same house as the woman I love and not be in the same bed as her. What frustrated me even more was the fact Jorge needed to wait several days, due to some legal issues, to get the footage from the security cameras in the hotel where the so called cheating happened. So far I've tried so many things. I tried bringing her flowers, being constantly around her, bringing her favourite celebrities to her doorstep, telling her how much I loved her through songs I put on a cd, but she probably never listened to it. I've tried this and more, but I knew, considering what kind of a person she is, that material things were not gonna help me. So this is my last chance. I've decided to stay away from her until I get the footage. Let's hope I at least dream about us being back together, since it's the only thing I can do at this moment.

Elena's POV

I opened up my laptop and put in a cd. I was sitting in the bed, my back was against the headboard, and I put the headphones on my ears. A window popped up on the screen and I opened it. It was titled 'Thinking out loud' just like the song by Ed Sheeran, only this folder had all kinds of songs that Cristiano added to give to me. He probably thinks I never listened to it, but I do, almost every night. I have already made up my mind that I was never going to take him back, but this baby needs his father. I need to have a serious talk with him about that soon, I don't want my son to have to wonder why most of his friends have both parents around all the time and he doesn't. But it's a while before he will have the chance to notice that, and when he does, I don't know what I'm going to tell him, I really don't. Perhaps I should talk to Cristiano about the possibility of getting back together?

---***---
Hey hey. I'm so sorry for being late, it's just that I never thought you guys liked the story that much that you were waiting for the next chapter and getting impatient. I'm so sorry for that. And I can't believe we hit 20k reads! What?! 😲 I never thought this would happen. I never thought we would reach 1k, let alone 20k. Thank you so much for that, I love you all 😘

Stay beautiful 💋❤