40.

Cristiano's POV

The preparations for the Euro were going great. Elena didn't inform me about any new encounters with her stalker, and I was glad. Maybe she was hiding it from me? I don't know, it's a possibility, although I really hope she isn't. I mean she told me everything so far, why would she hide anything now? I somehow felt less tension and it was visible in my performance. Zidane was proud of all of us and how ready we were for the matches. Coming home I was met with an excited Junior, telling me how he drew something for his little brother. A smile was on my face as he took my hand and dragged me to his room. I was preparing a nursery close to our room, in order to surprise Elena when she comes back. There were so many blue, that can easily be changed to pink if we have a girl, and white tones, it looked adorable.
"What do you think pai?"
Junior asked me holding up a piece if paper with what looked like him holding his baby brother. He was dressed in his favorite red shirt and jeans, and his baby brother was wrapped in a blue blanket. I ruffled his hair.
"It looks great filho, but what if you have a sister instead of brother?"
He replied to me saying he can always make a new drawing. I let out an airy laugh and kissed his head. He was going to be an amazing big brother. My mind went back to Elena. I wondered if she was ok and if she was getting ready to come back home in a few days. I couldn't wait to see her and to see her reaction to the nursery.

Katia's POV

Everything was coming together very well for my jewelry presentation. My whole family was going to be with me to support me and I couldn't have asked for more. Sadly due to the fact I had all of these things I needed to take care of, I won't be able to be on a few of my brothers matches at the start of Euro. I had just finished buying stuff for the nursery my brother is arranging for his newborn and checking up on the workers at the venue where the presentation will be held, before I met up with Elma and we went over to Cristiano's house. After we put all the stuff in we chatted about the Euro and the presentation, sharing a few laughs allowing the way. I suddenly had the idea of us taking a picture together so I can eventually post it on social media, or maybe just keep it in an album. We also talked about Elena's stalker. He has layed low for a few days, but we can't just relax and say he's gone for good. Something is a miss here. Maybe he had no new information on Elena so he didn't act in any way. He's probably lurking in the bushes, just waiting for some new information he can use against us. And that scares me.

Elena's POV

I was laying on a hospital bed as the doctor was moving the scan over my belly. My every nerve was on edge and I didn't know what to expect. When I saw the blood I immediately freaked out thinking something happened to my baby. It was a small amount of blood, but it still scared me big time. The seconds felt like years as I waited for the doctor to speak. My eyes fixed on her, trying to read her face and the changes in her expression and maybe get some hunt as to what was happening. My mum was next to me, holding my hand, her too being anxious to figure out if there was a problem with the baby.
"Is my baby alright? Please say something! Please!"
I said, raising my voice with every new plea. But somehow this didn't do much to disturb the doctor. Her face expression didn't change as she turned the monitor over to me. I immediately started crying.
"Well, miss Elena...."
She started. Tears were already pouring down my cheeks.
"Your baby is....."

---***---
I know how I said I would reveal what is going on with the baby in this chapter, but in the middle of writing I went in a different direction, so instead of this one, the next chapter will reveal the baby's state. Sending love to all of you 😘

Stay beautiful 💗💋