36.

Cristiano's POV

"Is Elena here?"
The woman at my door asked, eyes wondering over the house. I immediately recognized her. It was Molly, her coworker. Doesn't she already know about Elena being in her hometown?
"Um, Elena is still back home."
I felt a bit confused, they are close at work, and out of work. I've even sometimes joked around with them that they talk to each other more than to their boyfriends.
"Still? I thought she would be back by now. Anyways you need to tell her that her office is being redecorated, I think it's his doing."
Why on earth is he redecorating her office? When I asked Molly the same question, she got a little nervous and stuttered a little while answering. She told me she didn't know, but that she was scared.
"Why on earth are you fearing him? He is having an issue with Elena, not you."
And of course she would answer with being scared for her friend. How did I not expect that answer? I figured she would leave now after she found out Elena wasn't here, but for some reason she looked like she expected me to invite her in. She looked a little disoriented once she realized I was not going to do that as she tried to cover up she ever expected that and was about to leave anyway. After I closed the door, I figured Elena should know about what was happening. She was stunned and wondered what his goal really was. Was it just to scare her and make her feel uncomfortable, or was he starting small and had something bigger in mind? After talking to her, I spent some time with my son and than went to practice. I figured I arrived a little early since only Marcelo and James passing the ball to one another on the field. I greeted them and joined the passing as we waited for the others, or at least three more of them so we can play a three on three practice match. None of them really know the story, I didn't want to share it to a lot of people, so I had to be as happy as possible when I'm around them or they might start asking questions.

Marcelo's POV

I noticed Cristiano was acting strange, like something was on his mind. He tends to hide it well, but since he is my best friend, I noticed something was off. However I was not going to ask anything unless he wants to tell me himself. After practice I approached him.
"Hey, good game today, even though the only reason your team won was because I was a little tired."
He laughed at my remark, and I looked closer at his features to see if I could catch something. But this time everything seemed alright, so I guess it's just the fact he was tired, or it was just a small problem. On the way home we passed by Elena's workplace and saw workers take out some stuff from the building. Probably some renovations going on. Two of the workers looked at Cristiano and started laughing slightly, somehow mockingly as if they knew something about Cris I didn't. Both of them had blue eyes and looked at each other weirdly as they figured they were both laughing. Like they wondered why the other one did the same thing as them. Finally, the traffic started moving and we were back on our way.

"What the hell was up with those two?"
I asked worried, but Cristiano just shrugged. I mean, I can understand someone was still hung up on the whole affair he supposedly had. But we know he didn't, so they don't matter.

Cristiano's POV

Marcelo probably thinks the two men are not of importance, where I am currently confused. All this time I had my eyes on Noah, thinking he was the one who was sending all that stuff to Elena. But now, seeing those two and the way they looked at me, I started thinking there was more than one person involved, perhaps unknowingly, according to the looks they gave each other. Coming home I went out in the garden and sat down by the poolside. I wondered what Elena was doing.

Elena's POV

"Auntie, come on let's play." My niece called the moment I sat down. Her cuteness made me give in immediately, like I always do. She took my hand and she led me outside to their pool. That meant I was going to get soaked. Both my nephews were already in and when I helped the youngest troublemaker out the three of them into the pool, my suspicions came true. One split second was all it took and I was wet from head to toe. As I started my revenge and the giggles and laughter ensued, I heard a click and out the corner of my eye I saw a flash of light. When I turned towards it I saw someone took a picture of me...

---***---
5K ?! Thank you guys so much! Hope you like the story so far. If you want I can reveal the stalker in the next few chapters, or do you want me to keep it a secret for a while longer. Let me know in the comments bellow. ⬇

Stay beautiful 💗💋